Saturday, March 31, 2007

New Place

I'll be gathering together all my boxes and start moving them into the apartment this evening. I will be able to pick up my keys this afternoon after 4 p.m. I'm going to take the 'stained glass', I've fixed for the sliding doors over with me along with a car load of boxes, so I'll have begun to make some progress. I'll be sending everyone on my email list my new contact information.

I've been boxing and bagging stuff that needs to be moved. So far so good. I've just about gotten the majority of the small stuff at least confined to my bedroom and the "staging area" in the living room. Of course, there are the miscellaneous junk drawers through out the house to go through, and the coat closet too.... I'm so glad that I have a whole week to get this stuff done. Thank goodness that there are going to be men with trucks here next Saturday.

We have a fellow that Tim & Walter work with coming over this afternoon to pick up the riding lawnmower. It is nice to that taken care of. The next hurtle is to get the refridgerator and freezer out - one of us is going to need to call Goodwill or some other such organization to have them pick them up the week of Easter break.

As I was sitting here typing this, I noticed that Sean had a "dirty" upper lip. I've been giving him a hard time about needing to go wash it off.

The boys and I will be heading off to the grocery store possibly this afternoon for the bi-weekly grocery hunt. Shopping went well, we did get out with one cart load. We even were able to put the word out to a few people in the store that the possiblity of a new home for Lilly. I hope that one of them does work out. It would be great if she was able to have someplace to go.

I was able to get the key to the apartment this evening at 4:00 p.m. I took over a full car load of things and was able to get them all put away, plus bring back the boxes to fill up for another load. Walter came by on his way out to the Shooter Jennings concert, and filled up the truck of his car with stuff to take to the apartment for me.

By the time I got back home the guys had found a home for Lilly. A couple with two children had come by with their dog to see if Lilly and she would seem to get along. She did and they came by after taking their other dog home to take her with them. She really did seem like she liked them. I am so happy that she has gone home with someone rather than just going to someplace.

I headed out to visit with Mom & Dad for a short while this evening - Just doing some catching up. I hardly ever get to 'really' talk with either of them, since I have been working. It was nice to see them both.

Sean was got two new rats to take with him to his new place. They are so terribly tiny - they are the same size as "Wee Cockrell" was when Danielle first brought him home. They tell me they are a cross between a regular rat and a hairless rat; so they are uniquely special.

The solid brown one has been tenatively named, Hershey; the other hasn't been named yet. Give it a couple of days and I'm sure that a name will just jump out.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Attorney (This Is So Beautiful)

After living what I felt was a "decent" life, my time on earth came to the end. The first thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought to be a courthouse. The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and have a seat by the defense table.

The corner door flew open and there appeared the Judge in full flowing robes. He commanded an awesome presence as He moved across the room. I couldn't take my eyes off of Him. As He took His seat behind the bench, He said, "Let us begin."

The prosecutor rose and said, "My name is Satan and I am here to show you why this man belongs in hell." He proceeded to tell of lies I told, things I stole, and in the past when I cheated others. Satan told of other horrible perversions once in my life and the more he spoke, the further down in my seat I sank I was so embarrassed, I couldn't look at anyone, even my own Attorney, as the Devil told of sins even I completely forgotten about. As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was equally upset at My Attorney who sat there silently not offering any form of defense at all. I know I was guilty of those things, but I did some good in my life - couldn't that at least equal out part of the harm I'd done?

Satan finished with a fury and said, "This man belongs in hell, he is guilty of all I have charged and there is not a person who can prove otherwise."

When it was His turn, My Attorney first asked if He might approach the bench. The Judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan, and beckoned Him to come forward. As He got up and started walking, I was able to see Him in His full splendor and majesty. I realized why He seemed so familiar; this was Jesus representing me, my Lord and my Savior.

He stopped at the bench and softly said to the Judge, "Hi, Dad," then He turned to address the court. "Satan was correct in saying this man sinned, I won't deny any of these allegations. And, yes, the wage of sin is death, and this man deserves to be punished."

Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father with outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so this person might have eternal life and he accepted Me as his Savior, so he is Mine."

My Lord continued with, "His name is written in the Book of Life and no one can snatch him from Me. Satan still does not understand yet. This man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy."

As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at His Father and said,"There is nothing else that needs to be done. I've done it all."

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down. The following words bellowed from His lips... "This man is free The penalty for him was already paid in full. Case dismissed"

As my Lord led me away, I could hear Satan ranting and raving, "I won't give up, I will win the next one."

I asked Jesus as He gave me my instructions where to go next, "Have you ever lost a case?" Christ lovingly smiled and said, "Everyone that comes to Me and asked Me to represent them, received the same verdict as you, "PAID IN FULL."

Want a really good laugh(read this)...

AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. JAMES THATCHER, BRAND MANAGER, PROCTER & GAMBLE.

February 6, 2007

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your Always maxi pads for over 20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core(tm) or Dri-Weave(tm) absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my "time of the month" is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the human body amazing?

As brand manager in the feminine-hygiene division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from Aunt Flo. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy! The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in capri pants. Which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period."

Are you kidding me?

What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness-actual smiling, laughing happiness-is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreens armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory. For the love of God, pull your head out, man. If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter Is Wrong"? Or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your accounting department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flexi-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending crap. And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX

No comments: