Monday, March 5, 2007

First Day of Work

Card from DebbieToday is my first day of work. I'll be heading out at 7:00 a.m. to get into the office on time. I have loads to learn and get right into the thick of things. I've been doing my homework and will continue to expand each and every day. There are plenty of things to do and learn and I'm sure that I'll be able to meet the challenge.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, they are so uplifting on my first day out and about in the 'working' world.

WOW! What a day! Things went well and I felt right at home doing all the things that I seemed to already do at home. I am going to be learning so much and be able to expand my knowledge base so much in this position. So far so good and it is only day one. I have a couple of new Adobe products to learn and become proficient in using. Time is all it is going to take. I was able to transfer quite a bit of information from what I've been to doing right into my new position. It was great to be able to have 'the right' answer for a number of technical questions.

Sean made out with the new transportation arrangement with Danielle. He was able to help out with the girls once he got home. I know they both felt much better getting out to potty before dinner.

Dean just beat me back to the house. He was walking up the sidewalk as I was pulling into the drive. Dinner was a fly by the seat of our pants affair - everyone got fed but I'm really not sure how it actually all worked out. We were all just going in several directions at once.

Walter dropped by to speak for a little while on his way home from Fluvanna today. He's been out working for a long while today as well. He's been a busy beaver working at putting markers out. He even has a company truck to drive for this job.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Finish each day and be done with it . . . You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monastery Life

A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son."

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing,"We missed the " R " ! , we missed the " R " !"

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"

With A choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was... CELEBRATE !!!"

Adam & Eve

Adam was hanging around the garden of Eden feeling very lonely.

So, God asked him, "What's wrong with you?"

Adam said he didn't have anyone to talk to.

God said that He was going to make Adam a companion and that it would be a woman.

He said, "This pretty lady will gather food for you, she will cook for you, and when you discover clothing, she will wash it for you.

She will always agree with every decision you make and she will not nag you, and will always be the first to admit she was wrong when you've had a disagreement. She will praise you! She will bear your children, and never ask you to get up in the middle of the night to take care of them. "She will NEVER have a headache and will freely give you love and passion whenever you need it."

Adam asked God, "What will a woman like this cost?"

God replied, "An arm and a leg."

Then Adam asked, "What can I get for a rib?"

Of course the rest is history......................
If only Adam had not been a Cheapskate!

The Three Little Pigs

Three Little Pigs went out to dinner one night. The waiter came and took their drink order.

"I would like a Sprite," said the first little piggy.
"I would like a Coke," said the second little piggy.
"I want beer, lots and lots of beer," said the third little piggy.

The drinks were brought out and the waiter took their orders for dinner.

"I want a nice big steak," said the first piggy.
"I would like the salad plate," said the second piggy.
"I want beer, lots and lots of beer," said the third little piggy.

The meals were brought out and a while later the waiter approached the table and asked if the piggies would like any dessert.

"I want a banana split," said the first piggy.
"I want a cheesecake," said the second piggy.
"I want beer, lots and lots of beer," exclaimed the third little piggy.

"Pardon me for asking," said the waiter to the third little piggy,"But why have you only ordered beer all evening?"

You're gonna LOVE me for this....

The third piggy says - "Well, somebody has to go 'Wee, wee, wee, all the way home!

1 comment:

Sbrewer said...

Wow! I don't log on for a few days and look how much I miss! Congrats on the new job and the sell of your home! How quickly things change! Good luck with your new job and for what lies ahead of you! My thoughts are with you!