Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday

Time to rise and shine! Choir practice starts in a couple of hours. I'll be heading out close to 9:00 a.m.

Dean has taken Sean to Patient First, again, this morning. He is still suffering from bronchitis - but not showing any signs of improvement since Thursday; and he even got a shot of antibiotics at his Thursday visit to the doctor - which is usually a sure sign that you are going to start feeling better.

For now he isn't doing that much better and woke up with a very warm body temperature. He wasn't running a fever, but...I hope that they will be able to offer him some releif from all the coughing that he is doing. Once he can get that under control it will make him feel so much better.

The report from Patient First confirmed the diagnosis of bronchitis and the P.A. there Don, put Sean on a course of steroids and also gave him a prescription for a cough medicine. Since I've been home and he has been awake, his coughing has decreased in its severity. He's still doing some coughing but definitely not nearly as much as before.

I remember the last time I had bronchitis myself, which was the December before Sean was born. I suffered through that for about two months. I truly would not wish that on anyone. Terrible stuff when it starts lasting that long.

I was heading out this afternoon and Alice called me and I hopped out and picked her up so that she could ride with me out for a while. We took Terry with us and paid a visit to Walter's house in order to begin my collection of house keys for the people that will be moving into the house in April. Walter didn't make it to church today - it turns out that he had a migraine headache. Just as soon as I left he was heading back to bed to sleep.

I gave Miss Alice a call this evening, I had been going through my closet packing up clothes and found a number of things to pass along to her. She even brought me a few items to swap as well. It was like going on a big shopping trip. Loads of fun, without the expense of actually shopping.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.

The Washcloth..............

Ladies this has to be read, laughed at and passed on. There is not a woman alive today who won't crack up over this!

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare. As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment. I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal ... Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

Never going back to that doctor again...........never!

No comments: