Friday, March 9, 2007

Friday

Today is the first, Conference Day. I'm off across the river very early this morning. I'll be heading out about 6:15 a.m. and most likely won't get back until around 7:00 p.m.

It is hard to believe that I actually pegged the time that I would get back home this evening on the nose. It has been a FULL day. My mind is racing, in a good way, with all the new information that I have taken in during the day today. The conference has been, in my opinion, very successful thus far. The lectures have been marketing gold mines! To me, as a newbie in the field, it is a full immersion program with a potload of information to carry away with me each evening.

I've several new books to add to my "to read" list and some humorous comments to go through. Who know one or two may end up here as the thought of the day.

My day will be starting early again tomorrow and most likely run just as late.

Sean is off this evening skating, as has become his custom each Friday night. Ya'll sleep well, I'm going to call it an early evening since I'll be off and about so early in the morning.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: Ninety percent of the game is half mental. - Yogi Berra


Click on the link to check on your dialect and see if you might have crossed over to the "other side"! Simply click on the correct answer. As you go, the quiz will automatically interpret each answer to show you what your answer implies about you. When you are done, press Compute My Score. Your score will be calculated as a percentage: 0% is pure Yankee and 100% is pure Dixie.

Well, of course, I scored a 96% (Dixie). The test then generated this burning question, Is General Lee your father?!

Prettiest Moms

Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I neve r got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

No comments: