Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wednesday

The calendar is empty today with the exception of my baby girl's 18th birthday. All those years ago and now here she is with her own little girl. I remember the doctor telling me that as he was delivering her she was sticking her tongue out at him. That was just the beginning of her feisty attitude and one of a kind way of doing things. Always so independent and cute as a button.

Have a fantastic day sweetie! - Mom loves you!

Walter just called from Staunton, they got three inches of snow overnight. He sent these pictures that he took of the WalMart parking lot with his cell phone. He sent them over to PixsPlace for me to pick up. They aren't too bad for cell phone images.

Dad just dropped by to give the dogs their 7-n-1 shots. It worked out great. The girls really behaved for Dad.

We are heading out Mom & Dad's this afternoon while they are showing the house this afternoon. Dad is battling a water leak from the outdoor spout at the dog lot. He had purchased a part for it earlier, but it wasn't the right one. I hope that he gets it all straightened out before dark.

Walter dropped by after he got back into town. He "wanted" help with his dashboard and seats. Nothing like the my painting 'heat gun' to set paint up quickly and efficiently. We spent about an hour messing with it and I told him that the next time we need to work on it when it is warmer. Burr. He's off this evening to run a couple of errands, and I do believe that he is headed down to wish his sister a happy birthday as well.

I put a nice new perm in my hair this evening. It has lots of body and volume. Just what it needed. No flat hair. Yippee!! fun stuff. Lilly even liked smelling of the 'stinky' towels after I finished, just like a dog to find something that smells and try to roll in it.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day
: The true measure of a man's wealth is how he treats his family.

What a great quote that came out of the super bowl: "I'’m proud... to be the first African-American coach to win [the Super Bowl], but again, more than anything...[Chicago Bears head coach] Lovie Smith and I are not only African-American but also Christian coaches, showing you can do it the Lord's way. And we'’re more proud of that." - —Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy

This barn is really neat .......just stare at it for a few seconds and see what happens...

No comments: