Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday

Alice and I have been having a wonderful conversation about 'beauty products', if you can image. This is one topic that we never ever talk about. We both usually say, who cares, but this morning we have covered using:
  • i.d. bareMinerals cosmetics - Alice found this stuff and recommended to everyone in the family. It is terrific and it doesn't feel like you are wearing any makeup at all.
  • Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner - Alice found this recently, and she's been raving on it for several days lately so of course I had to try it also. It really is great it makes my hair so soft and fluffy. Danielle told me that she uses this too.
  • Olay Body quench therapy for heel, knee & elbow repair - I found this one and with my terribly rough heels I gave it a go. It is working...my hands are even getting softer and smoother from applying it.
Dean got Sean off to school for the day. He had a great day at school. Once he came home he's had a fairly good afternoon and looking forward to this evening.

I've been working on a materials list for the scenery at church. I hope that I've got everything covered. I'm still having a question on how to get it all to stand up properly. I'm pretty sure that if I get out and hunt at either Lowes or Home Depot to find the right piece of equipment. I've sent it off to Jamie, but will drop by the church with the actual drawing.

I also have sent off a resume today for a personal assistant position with the dentist that Jamie work for. She was so sweet to call me today and tell me where to submit my application via email. Now everyone cross all the fingers and pray that the appropriate thing will come through for me.

Danielle gave me a call this evening. We had a great conversation. She even told me about the prom dress that she wants, but she wants in marigold. She's going to drop by after school tomorrow to pick up her dolphin ring that I found while going through things this afternoon. She tells me that Faith has begun sleeping through the night within the last week.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Alimony Decision

"Mr. Quinn, I have reviewed this case very carefully," the divorce court judge said, "and I've decided to give your wife $775 a week."

"That's very fair, your honor," the husband said. "And every now and then I'll try to send her a few bucks myself."

Knee Tattoo

A hospital corpsman and I were getting an elderly retired master chief petty officer out of his wheelchair, when I noticed the man had a tattoo on his knee.

"What's that?" I asked, unable to make out the design.

"It's a banjo," he said sheepishly. "I'm from Alabama."

No comments: