Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday

This is a late post for me. I took the opportunity last night to spend the night at Mom & Dad's house. It was a wonderfully calming time. We had a great time watching the fun evening shows: Monk, Psych, and House. There were a lot of chuckles and laughs. I slept like a rock, and Carla hung out on the bed with me all night long. She's handled being out very well. I do think that she has missed Miss Lily since we have been here. She has looked for her playmate. Even though they tend to pick at one another from time to time.

This morning we after breakfast we had a great time playing rummy. Dad of course skunked both us well. See Walter! It's not me...it really is Papaw that has the real skill of playing rummy.

Today had a busy line up at the house. There are two house showings one this morning from 9-10a.m. and a second this afternoon from 3:30-4:30 p.m.

In the meantime, this afternoon I have choir practice, from 2-3:30 p.m - we are practicing with and/'trying out' a prospective music director to take over Paul's place, since he has been promoted to the job of Youth Minister. He needs to get use to us as well as us getting use to him. A little training on both sides.

I will be heading back over to Mom & Dad's afterwards to spend the evening with Mom. Mom & I are going to have dinner & watch a movie. Dad's going off to a Bear Club meeting and Mom is staying home. It will be some nice mother-daughter time.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Love & Marriage

My parents had not been out together in quite some time. One Saturday, as Mom was finishing the dinner dishes my father stepped up behind her.

"Would you like to go out girl?" he asked.

Not even turning around, my mother quickly replied, "Oh, yes, I'd love to!"

They had a wonderful evening, and it wasn't until the end of it that Dad confessed. His question had actually been directed to the family dog!

No comments: