Friday, February 9, 2007

Friday

We had a little frost on the ground at our house early this morning. When I took Lilly out you could hear the grass crunching beneath her feet. The sound conjured up images of a solitary place with the only sound being heard was that of your own footsteps as you paced onwards toward your goal.

Dean and Sean are getting ready to head off for the day. Dean is taking Sean into school this morning; and I will be picking him up around mid-day for lunch. I look forward to a great report from Sean that he had an excellent day in Science class.

I've cranked up WRVA to listen to Glenn Beck and Rush while I get to a normal morning routine. So far, I've gathered together all the laundry out of Sean's closet and found all the missing towels. So I'm working on five loads of laundry this morning; and I've already got the dishwasher going too.

The big hope here is that no one calls to see the house before I can accomplish all the cleaning goals that I have for the morning. They do sometimes come at pesky hours, but they are a necessary evil, especially since we do want to sell the house.

I have had a drive-by visit from Alice so that she could pick up a few sweaters that I thought that she could use and take in my application so that it will be at work for the first day that it can be submitted.

We have another offer hanging out there....looking over the comments from the realtors it seems that there is one that is interested and may be proposing something shortly. We shall see. For now, all we can do is take it one day at a time and we do have another showing tomorrow afternoon.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere." - Joyce A. Myers

...City Smarts (J. John & Mark Stibbe)

A rumpled man walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan officer. He says he is going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for such a loan. So the man - clearly and eccentric - hands over the keys to a new Rolls Royce parked on the street in front of the bank. Everything checks out, and the bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. An employee drives the Rolls into the banks underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the man returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.31. The loan officer says, "We are very happy to have had your business...but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multi-millionaire. What puzzles us is why would you bother to borrow $5,000?"

The man replies, "Where else in New York can I park my car for two weeks for $15?"

1 comment:

Anon For Everything said...

Hi there,

I really like the style of writing and layout of your blog. I have been randomly looking through blogger blogs to get tips on how to improve my own. I was wondering how you get your family's blogs and websites to be an image instead of just a link? Thanks I would really appreciate the help!