Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday

Here we are at the end of another week. Time to wrap up whatever projects that I can before the weekend.

I forgot to tell everyone about my run in with Chesterfield's finest on Wednesday evening. I was watching television and I hear someone hollering at me from out back. I went to investigate and it turns out it was a police officer - he was making sure that things were locked up and told me that there had been reports of someone "Peeping" into apartments. After he found out that I was okay - he moved on down the building. I just double checked all the locks and went on for the evening.

Now for the weird thing, Walter called me about 4:30 yesterday and was wondering where I was. He had tried to get into the apartment and found it locked (presumably from the inside), so he called me to find out why I was home early. Well since I wasn't home and his key wasn't working he was concerned about who was in my apartment with it locked up. So he did some investigation and found out....h had used the wrong key to try to open the door. Everything was as it should be and Carla was just fine. Boy did he feel silly.

Interesting day today - hanging out in the spa! I had a few things done and got a little bit of pampering. It was very nice. Educational as well.

This evening I made a trip to the mall to pick up some foundation. I haven't had to purchase any for almost a year. Love that Bare Minerals! It is such a good product. I even took a stroll through the mall, just to be doing so. It's been a long time since I've just walked around the mall it isn't funny. I grabbed some sushi at Ukrop's and headed back home for the evening.

Walt came down around 10 p.m. to watch Psych and House with me. This is our usual Friday event.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: I am the first acknowledged comedian to receive a vote for the Presidency—not the first comedian, mind you, but the first acknowledged one. — Will Rogers

Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of passage?

His dad takes him into the forest - blindfolded - and leaves him. He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not take off the blindfold until the ray of sun shines through it.

He is all by himself. He cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night he is a MAN.

He cannot tell the other boys of this experience. Each lad must come into his own manhood. The boy was terrified. He could hear all kinds of noise. Beasts were all around him. Maybe even some human would hurt him. The wind blew the grass and it shook his stump. But he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It was the only way he could become a man.

Finally, after a horrific night, the sound of the night disappeared. He could feel the warmth of the sun. He removed his blindfold. It was then that he saw his father - sitting on the stump next to him - on watch the entire night.

We are never alone. Even when we do not know it, our Father is protecting us. He is sitting on the stump beside us. All we have to do is take off our blindfolds.

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the Rest to God.

No comments: