Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday Stuff

I'm off and going early this morning. I've already got the laundry washing and in just a short while will throw it all over to the dryer. I'm waiting on the cable guy to come and fix the cable box that has been out since last weekend. 8:30a - the laundry is in the dryer and no cable guy...

I've gotten the laundry all hung and put away, the house almost completely cleaned up and ready for another 'month'. There is just so much dirt I can hardly stand it *rolling my eyes*. This afternoon or tomorrow early, when it is cooler outside I'm going to clean up the patio as well.

9:55 a - Cable is fixed. The television wasn't on the correct channel! Ahh!! Everything else was checked except that. I don't know when it would have been changed, because I use the cable remote instead of the television remote. Oh well, the fastest repair job the cable guy will have all day.

This afternoon Walter & I are heading back down to Bush Gardens for the Eddie Money concert. We're going to leave out early enough to ride the Pirates 4-D in England, see the Lorikeets again (since we were rained out last trip), and perhaps ride something else before the concert.

See ya'll later this evening or tomorrow morning. have a great one!







As you can see the birds really took a fancy to Walter. In fact, he walked into the aviary and was acosted by these three birds. Right to him. He didn't even need to show them that he had food for them. If you look closely at the photo on the left the bird near Walt's shoulder is actually licking him.

I had one myself that decided to lick me. Honest. The bird was licking me. I'm presuming that it was licking the sweat off my skin. But... It felt so weird.

Eddie Money Concert

He opened the show it Two Tickets to Paradise and we were off. Toward the middle he let his daughter sing - WOW! Can she belt one out. She sang the Allman Brother song, Midnight Rider. Fantastic. Walter said that he would even purchase her music. That is saying a lot for him.







Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: People are like stained glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. - Elisabeth K. Ross

IS YOUR RIGHT FOOT SMART?

Just try this, it is from an orthopedic surgeon............

This will boggle your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but, you can't! It's preprogrammed in your brain!

Here goes.......
  1. WITHOUT anyone watching you, as they will think you are GOOFY.....while sitting where you are, at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
  2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.
I told you so, and there's nothing you can do about it!

You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you've not already done so.

----------------
Now playing: Brad Paisley - Ticks (Radio Version) via FoxyTunes

Here's a play of numbers for you to try...
  1. Pick the number of times a week that you would like to have dinner out (more than once but less than 10)
  2. Multiply this number by 2
  3. Add 5
  4. Multiply it by 50--I'll wait while you get a calculator
  5. If you have already had your birthday this year, add 1753, if you haven't, add 1752.
  6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number.
The first digit of this is your original number.
The next two numbers are......
YOUR AGE!!!!

No comments: