Monday, August 6, 2007

Miserable Monday

I woke up this morning feeling like dirt. I believe that the riding to and from Bush Gardens with the windows down got to me. I breathed in too much mold and such. I've got a hint of scratch at the back of my throat. Not a sick scratch, just there's something there that doesn't belong. I've been drink honey and vinegar all day and it has been helping. I'm going to keep on that for the next few days and maybe by weekend I'll be back up to snuff.

To top off the loveliness of the day the temperatures reached nearly 100+, when factoring in the heat index. The prediction for the rest of the week is more of the same.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day
: Some minds are like concrete-- thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

Jury Duty

Please, Your Honor, I'd like to be excused from jury duty," pleaded an anxious-looking man.

Why should I excuse you?" asked the judge.

"You see, I owe a man fifty dollars, and he's leaving in a few hours for a post abroad. He'll be there for years and I want to catch him before he leaves, for it may be my last chance to repay him."

"Excused," stated the judge coldly. "We don't want anyone on the jury who can lie like that."

No comments: