Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday

Walter & I are heading off to Sunday school & church this morning. This afternoon we had a nice lunch at Chipolte's and then headed back home.

I found out yesterday that Sean will be heading off to camp for the next couple of weeks beginning Monday morning. I certainly hope that he has wonderful weather and a great time.

I made it off to choir practice this evening - it's already time to start practicing for our Christmas performance. Paul sure does get us beginning early - but at least that way we aren't as "pressured" to get it done in such a short span of time. Familiarity with the music over the long period of time really does work out much better.

Walter weenied out on choir practice - he wasn't feeling that well. I do believe that the coffee he had at Sunday school was messing with him. Neither he nor I have had any in a couple of weeks, so I'm pretty sure that was his trouble.

Practice this evening went well. The music for Christmas is going to be fun to sing as well as challenging. I've really got to stick to practices as well as staying inside during those poor air quality days. My voice does take some time to recover.

Walt's coming down this evening and we're cooking up some Italian sausage pita sandwiches.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Prayer: Don't give God instructions -- just report for duty!

Dog Poker

A guy walks into a bar and sees a dog playing poker. The guy is amazed that the dog is playing poker.

"Bartender, is that a real dog playing poker?" the guy asks.

"Yep, real as can be." the bartender replies.

"Well is he any good?" the guy asks. "Na, every time he has a good hand he wags his tail."

No comments: