Friday, January 5, 2007

Friday's Doings

I'm heading out this morning to do the grocery shopping. I'll be hunting the shelves for something different...not my usual purchases. I hope I can find what I'm looking for....

I'm back and have almost put the groceries away. The few remaining items can wait until I've had a good cup of coffee and put my feet up for a few minutes. Shopping takes so much time, effort & energy.

I used part of my gift certificate from Danielle & Ben to purchase a hand held steam cleaner. So far, I've tried it out in the front bathroom and it is making things all nice and shiny. I can't wait to see how it works out in other places throughout the house. Thanks kids. It is a terrific gift. I'll most likely use the remaining portion of the certificate to pick up a couple of pieces of molding for the house.

Well, Dean is all registered and book ordered which make him ready to begin his Winter semester class, the Sociology of Developing Countries, on Monday. It was cutting it close in registering but things have been quite hectic. No worries as his book will arrive on Monday. When I signed him up for classes today the girl in the Student Service department told me that he find this to be a very interesting class.

Walter dropped by to pick up his repair manual for his Volvo. He was happy that it arrived today in the mail. He's off also to pick up some deer meat from Dad's house. It seems that Dad hit a small deer with one of the vehicles today. So now, Walter is all set on having some 'meat' in the house.

Sean is heading out to one our neighbor's bon fires this evening. It looks like all the fellows in the neighborhood will be out in attendance. They are looking forward to having a good time. The bon fire fell thru, but Skate-A-Way was just waiting. Sean has gone out skating for the evening.

Good news, I don't have to report for jury duty on Monday. My next check in is on Monday night, at least I'm good until then. Double good news, Walter phoned to say that he has no broken bones, now we can cancel his orthopedic appointment; and the coldness in his arm will dissipate over time. Yippee!! for good news.

It looks like we are in for a bit of rain overnight. I hope that what rain that we get will not be in a torrential downpours.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • "You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it." Obvious
  • If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you. - George Bernard Shaw
  • "The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at once." - Samuel Smiles
Animal Super Bowl
Author Unknown

During the Super Bowl, there was another football game of note between the big animals and the little animals. The big animals were crushing little animals and at half-time, the coach made a passionate speech to rally the little animals.

At the start of the second half the big animals had the ball. The first play, the elephant got stopped for no gain. The second play, the rhino was stopped for no gain. On third down, the hippo was thrown for a 5 yard loss.

The defense huddled around the coach and he asked excitedly, "Who stopped the elephant?"

"I did," said the centipede.

"Who stopped the rhino?"

"Uh, that was me too," said the centipede.

"And how about the hippo? Who hit him for a 5 yard loss?"

"Well, that was me as well," said the centipede.

"So where were you during the first half?" demanded the coach.

"Well," said the centipede, "I was having my ankles taped."

When God Paints. . .


Make it an awesome day.
Peace To All and May God Bless You.. John 3:16

No comments: