Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday

I received an email from Danielle first thing this morning. She sent me along a couple of photos from Faith's 1st Birthday. Miss Faith really looks like she is enjoying her birthday cake. I beth that those new top teeth were probably helping her along on eating her cake. She sure does look cute.

I headed off to choir practice this morning. Walter got to church way too early and drove by to pick me up for church. We had practice with Ben - a prospective choir director? I think he did a good job. He is almost as animated as Paul. Dr. Fowler had delivered an excellent message. I do believe that he has proven to be a great fit with the church.

We have two house showings today, the 1st-I thought was 12-1, but turned out to be 1-2. Ooops! They arrived and I had begun to fix lunch so we slipped out and drove around just a bit, bu the time we were heading back in we saw that they were leaving. Our 2nd showing is from 4:15 to 5:30, this afternoon. This will be the second time that this couple will have been here.

Last night I drove over to Alice's and we spent some time working on my 'modern' resume. It turned out great. So now all I have to do is wait until the Administrative position opens up to the outside and have Alice turn it in for me. I also have the application to fill out, most likely I will also turn in a traditional resume as well. I'll wait to see on that one though.

I showed the resume to a couple of people at church who thought that it was really cool and would be one that they would keep if they were going through a pile of resumes. It is nice to know that they are going to attract the right kind of attention.

No choir practice tonight, we are having guest singers this evening and then we will not be singing next week because of special singers for Anniversary Sunday.

Update on the thumb: I went back to Patient First yesterday - it was looking really gross. Turns out that I had Cellulitis, the infection was oozing around my stitches. We are speculating that the reason was that I had a reaction to the stitches themselves, most likely because they were synthetic. If I should have to have them ever again I probably should have natural fiber sutures. The doctor ended up taking out the stitches (4 days early), and prescribing an antibiotic to clear up the infection.

I've been trying to keep it covered with a bandaid, but the glue on them drives me crazy. For the most part I'm keeping it covered at night and when I go out - to keep from exposing others to the horrible mess.

We drove around awhile this evening to just be looking. There is a subdivision called the Sanctuary at Watermill and they had this terrific statue out front, now it wasn't surrounded by water. I had fun adjusting it and changing it. We did go through a couple that had some really nice features. One even reminded me of a kitchen that I had drawn out one time. Which was really freaky. Another show house had some terrific decorating ideas and really 'felt' like me, but I don't know about the neighborhood. Nice neighborhood, but there are a lot of restrictions and questions that I would have before moving into a 'planned community'. I wouldn't want our home to look like everyone elses - I would want it to have some character of it's own.

Sean and I have been watching Happy Gilmore this evening while Dean has been busily working on his homework assignments in the office.

The weather has really changed here today. We started off not needing a coat and by the time this evening has rolled around, WOW! I just stepped out with Miss Lilly and we are having snow flurries.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Cherokee Wisdom....
Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a
battle taht goes on inside people. He said, "My son,
The battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret,
greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment
Inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope,
serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence,
empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute
and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

No comments: