Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday

Contrary to popular opinion and speculation, I did not drop off the face of the earth today. We had a house showing this morning from 9-11, it was get up, clean up, and get out. Alice's brochures have once again proved to be popular as one more is missing from the pile.

I received another phone call when I got home and there is a showing scheduled for tomorrow morning as well as one on Saturday morning. The house seems to be a popular place, but we just aren't getting the offer. Then there is the neighbor across the street who put his house on the market this week. Fun, fun...I hate the competition idea, but his house is smaller and whoever would be looking at it would only have a small family.

Dean talked me around 12:20 and the skies were blue at Qimonda with a gentle flurry of snow falling. Talk about a contradiction in weather.

Around 3:30, this afternoon we received our own snowy downpour. Sean was estatic over the large fluffy flakes that were falling. Ah, theses are the ones that just don't stay around. He popped outside to enjoy them for about the 10 minutes that it actually was snowing. It has all cleared off now and left just a few water spots to show for having fallen.

I took the shot of the snow from our front porch. You can really see how big the flakes are since you can see them at all. They show up especially well on the drive, grass, and in the right top of the photo as some really large gray chunks.

Yippee!!!! Congratulations!!! Alice gets to attend PHOTOSHOP WORLD for work.....Wonderful business trip. Exciting, exciting, exciting. I'm just so happy for her. She will be working her "drafting pen" off for 2 days in Boston during the first of April. Way to go Sis!

Now to catch everyone up on my outing last night. In preparation for the house showing today, I had boxed and boxed books and needed to get them out of the house. So I made a big circle trip:
  1. I ran to Chester and dropped in to visit with Miss Faith and deliver her birthday present a couple of days early. (I had no idea of what we would be doing on Saturday). She had just cut two new teeth yesterday. I had such a fun time with her as she opened her present and played around. She really liked looking at the book we got for her and the outfit, when held up to her does look like it will fit her perfectly. She has grown quite a bit of hair since I last saw her and she is still as slim as ever. She is a beautiful little princess. I was swinging her around in circles and she giggled just as hard - I know she was having a delightful time. So much fun for both of us. I love her to pieces.
  2. Dropped Walter's phone by his house, and hung a picture for him.
  3. Slipped by Mom & Dad's house and stored all of my boxes of books. That was a chore for all of us, books aren't exactly lightweight.
I received a very unexpected surprise in today's mail. Photos of Miss Faith! Here she is all fancied up for her portrait. She really like that teddy bear that she was holding; and the one that she was crawling she has such a mischievious grin (it makes you think that she is really up to something).

Another interesting development is a job opening that has been rumored to be opening up where Alice works. I will be able to apply for it on Valentine's Day. It is a position as an Administrative Assistant, something that I surely am qualified to do. It seems that even now I'm a number of people's Virtual Personal Assistant anyway. So this would just be the almost the same type of thing, but getting paid to do it. Alice said that she would drop my resume in the personal office on the first day that I can submit it. Not bad.

Walter gave me a call this evening and asked me over for dinner. Since Dean had been running late it worked out well, I hadn't eaten, but the guys had their dinner ready and waiting for them.

We had some real interesting italian sausage stuffed with artichokes and cheese. The conversation was plesant and the boys were quite entertaining.

We plugged up my mp3 player with Tweat and other birds singing and they got themselves all fluffed up and started talking. Walter let them out of the cage and that is when the real antic began. Sundance hung on the edge of the textured ceiling and Butch just sat around on the top of the lampshade. The funniest thing that Sundance did wast his imitation of the 'iron cross' gymnastic move. He had one claw on each of the vertical blind slats. Ooo, Mr. Strongbird.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings

Thought for the Day: Enjoy the little moments in life, they are the ones that will always be with you.

The Happiest People
The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect.

I got this one in the email today:

ATTENTION

ALIENS ARE COMING TO ABDUCT ALL THE GOOD LOOKING AND SEXY PEOPLE. YOU WILL BE SAFE, I'M JUST EMAILING TO SAY GOODBYE.

No comments: