Monday, January 29, 2007

Monday

Here we are at another Monday morning, school gets out today three-hours early for a teacher work day. The temperatures are brittle when you walk out, absoulutely coat weather. The girls don't even want to hang outside any longer than necessary.

I jumped right in this morning to catching up on laundry. Not something that I can very well do while showing the house. I can sort of...one load washed and waiting to go in the dryer, but knowing myself the way I do. I'd forget I had one waiting to go in the dryer by the time we got back from out hiding out for an hour or more. Thank goodness they aren't peeping into the washer & dryer.

I worked on my February desktop this morning it was much easier to expand than normal. I liked the birds and heart, nice and simple.

Our neighbor across the street sold his house this weekend - they ended up having a little bidding war for it. He also told me that the last couple that looked at the house on Sunday really spent a long time here looking. Walking around the yard a couple of times and talking outside too.

Walter dropped mid-afternoon to leave his barn jacket with me to repair a button and put a patch on it. Lilly was so silly while he was here. He was out with Tracey working so, when Lilly saw him she ran right out to the truck....and jumped right in. She must have gotten it into her head that everytime there is a vehicle door open that she needs to get inside. It took a few minutes to get her out. It was a funny situation.

I got Walt's jacket finished in no time. He even came back after work and picked it up. He will be in need of it in the morning. I even got a little excited and put the canvas on his flannel jacket. I do believe that it came out well. I've just got to let him know that it is ready for pick up as well.

Mom sent a photo that she had scanned this afternoon of Miss Danielle on her first birthday. I know of another little girl that sure looks quite a bit like her mommy. The biggest difference of course is that we let Danielle really play with her birthday cake.

Well, I've gotten another phone call for another house showing for tomorrow morning. They only scheduled for a 30 minute period, which is nice for me. I don't have to find something to do for a long period of time.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Optimists convert stumbling blocks into stepping stones." - W. Howard Wight, Jr.

DINNER INVITATION

A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday night & have dinner with her parents. Since this is such a big event, the girl announces to her boyfriend that after dinner, she would like to go out & make love for the first time. Well, the boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some condoms. He tells the pharmacist it's his first time & the pharmacist helps the boy for about an hour. He tells the boy everything there is to know about condoms and sex.

At the register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many condoms he'd like to buy, a 3-pack, 10-pack, or family pack. The boy insists on the family pack because he thinks he will be rather busy, it being his first time & all.

That night, the boy shows up at the girl's parents house & meets his girlfriend at the door. "Oh, I'm so excited for you to meet my parents, come on in!"

The boy goes inside & is taken to the dinner table where the girl's parents are seated. The boy quickly offers to say grace & bows his head. A minute passes, & the boy is still deep in prayer, with his head down. 10 minutes pass, & still no movement from the boy.

Finally, after 20 minutes with his head down, the girlfriend leans over & whispers to the boyfriend, "I had no idea you were this religious."

The boy turns, & whispers back, "I had no idea your father was a pharmacist."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally think I looked oddly like Walter.

Dorothy said...

Just looked at Faith's picture, Danielle had a lot more hair than Faith. Dad's rubbing of the head did do a good job...

Judy said...

It's the facial structure and shape of their head.