Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Tuesday

Today is going to be a very busy day I've got lots to do, some at home and some errands out and about.
  1. A doctor's visit for myself.
  2. Pay Walt's rent for him - I don't have to do this one, he'll be able to take care of it by himself, since he now has his own wheels! I know that he is happy.
  3. Make a couple of phone calls - one for auto insurance and the SPCA
  4. Pick up Walt's car from having it's state inspection - Mom dropped him off to pick up his car. It only had one small problem with the back-up lights which turned out to be a couple of crossed wires. No biggie.
  5. Take Sean to the orthodontist - he may get a date to have his braces taken off today.
The day started off right until Walter called right before 7:00 a.m. to let me know that he had wreck his bike on the way to work. He had misjudged a curb and ended up hitting it and flipping head first over the handle bars of his bike and landing head first followed by his right jaw skidding across two lanes of pavement on the Boulders Parkway. He was heading down hill at the time so had built up some speed - thank the Lord he was wearing his helmet otherwise this could have ended up much worse.

He, of course, has the messy looking road rash on his right jaw. There are a couple of place in there that are going to leave a mark, but the real concern is his right wrist and thumb. I took him out to Patient Fist this morning (we were there when they opened) and they did x-rays of his wrist and hand. The doctor said that he may have a hairline fracture in a bone in his thumb as well as one in his wrist. They were really sure about them actually being fractures, but said that he should have himself checked out with the orthopedic. The radiologist with Patient First won't be reading the x-rays for a couple days, so we won't know for sure if there were fractures or not until then.

Walter let me get this photo of him, so that everyone could see what his jaw looked like. This way he won't have to explain it so much to everyone on the phone. His right wrist is splinted also to keep it from moving about. He took a really nasty fall and will need all of our prayers for his recovery.

I have now completed items #1 & 3 on my list of things to do, plus added the visit to Patient First and doing laundry to my list. When I picked up Walter I grabbed his laundry too, since I was going to be doing it anyway today. This way when he goes home this evening he'll have clean clothes for the week. Finally, Walter is going to be able to take care of item #2 himself once the service station is finished with his car inspection.

So much to do, so little time. The house is quiet for now, Sean is back in his room, Walter & Lilly are napping on the family room sofa; Carla is napping on the living room sofa; and I listening to the whirl of the washer just about ready to finish its spin cycle. Time to get up and back to work.

Sean was cutting up in the backyard this afternoon. The little stinker called on the cell phone and asked me to come outside. To my great surprise I found him perched on top of the toolshed. He had scampered up there to watch for one of his friends and talk on the phone. I think he had a rougher time getting down than up.

I was outside this afternoon with the girls and noticed that the buds on the dogwood were beginning to swell. It is hard to believe it's January - and it looks like we could have dogwood blossoms before February if the weather continues at it's current pace. The next thing we know there will be daffodils blooming at Mom's house before the end of the month. Although I haven't asked her if she's see any sign of them yet, but it is a good question.

I've finished up all our laundry and Walter's. Finally gotten back from the orthodontist with Sean - he still needs to wear his rubberbands. If he will keep up with them for the next month or so he may be able to get them off before March. Walter is home and settling in for the evening, as we all are. I know that I will sleep well tonight.

Dean has begun the job of moving his cubicle contents from the Etch to the IT department. That's a big job of shuffling boxes, books, and computer equipment. Good Luck on the move and I hope that it goes quickly. Dean has reported that he is 90% complete in his move. Way to Go!

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: If you look around and see something that needs doing don't wait to be asked. Just do it. {editors note: AMEN!}

No comments: