Monday, January 8, 2007

Monday

Time for everyone to get back to school. Dean starts his sociology class starts tonight. UPS has arrived here before 9 a.m. and Dean's book have arrived, the packaging was in a sorry condition, but the book held up just fine.

I've got lots of phone calls to make today. It seems like that there are just oodles of things that need to get straightened out today, at least I don't have jury duty.

I feel like the amazing Houdini of phone calls. I have managed to make nine telephone calls this morning on family business, some have been productive immediately and others have required messages to be left and returned. I have also managed to get to the high school and drop off the Christmas gifts to Danielle by leaving them hanging on the sideview mirror of the car that she is driving today. That was a errand that I was beginning to think would never get done. [I neatly wrapped it up inside of a plastic trashbag, tied the bag itself and then hung it from the sideview mirror with the handles.] I even left her a message to call me and let me know that she had received it. I can't be too sure by leaving it that she'll get it but it see the only option that I have in this situation.

I caught Sean and Lilly sleeping on the sofa. Sean seems to be using Lilly for his pillow. They slept together so well.

Danielle received her package just fine. She tells me that Faith's illness has resulted in a pleasant surprise. Faith is now sleeping from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Yippe! all through the night. Way to go Miss Faith. That is a big hurdle to cross. I'm so glad that something good did come out of her illness.

I slipped out for a few minutes this afternoon to pick up the DVD from church of the January sermons plus the Christmas drama.

We had a massive mission this afternoon - clipping Lilly's nails. It took three people, 10 minutes to get them done. Lilly was not a happy camper. She was doing all sorts of gyrations in order to get away from the clippers. She is worse than Carla, because she is twice as strong and got more moves than exlax. I feel like I've done a 30 minute aerobic workout, but they are done.

We had a wee bit of excitement here this evening, we thought that Sean had lost his phone. Turns out it had just fallen out of his pocket into one of his friend's sofa. Although they had looked for it, it took about 30 minutes of time after we had suspended the service on it for it to be found. He's all reconnected and ready to go.

Dean's headed out to his class for the evening. I hope that he finds it enjoyable and interesting.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "Think what you have always thought and you will get what you have always gotten." Various authors

No comments: