Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wednesday

I was out this morning with Miss Lilly and the frost on everything is so lovely. I grabbed the camera and went back out to see if I could get any decent shots of the frost. What I did get when I was doing some interesting closeup shots of the frost. This one is a dew drop on the end of a blade of grass that is covered with frost. The dew drop is extremely cool looking, it almost looks like a glass marble.

I'm not feeling well this morning. I think yesterday has caught up with me - I feel like a drunken sailor who was in a big bar fight and can't remember what he did to feel so bad. Apparently I didn't sleep well and the stress from the activity yesterday must have really gotten to me.

I haven't checked on Walter this morning. I'll most likely try to check on him about mid-day, so that he can have time to get his self moving and unstiff. I didn't have to check on Walter as he dropped by this morning to check in. He took me down to Wawa for a cup of coffee and a bagel. It didn't take but a few minutes to run down there. I hadn't ridden in his car before and found it to be a very smooth and comfortable ride.

As for Walter, he looks so much better. His jaw is scabbing over and beginning to look better. The scrapes and cuts on his hands also have improved in their look, however his right hand has turned a strange shade of purple in the palm. He has decided to go ahead and schedule an appointment with the orthopedic to see why his arm is cold (it just may be that he hasn't been using it much, which is to be expected. I've fixed him up with a way to put warm moist heat onto the wrist/hand, which will hopefully improve the circulation.

It looks like it is going to be another busy day. I am going to try to get the decoration boxes out of the side room and get to work on putting away the Christmas decorations. At least hit the outdoor items then take a little more time to take the things down from inside the house.

So far, I've gotten down the greenery from the front porch and the mailbox. I have also moved the reindeer from the front yard. I've put it around to the side of the house until one of the guys will put it under the house for the season. The greenery in the house is also down and ready for the box. I believe that I have put just about all of the Christmas stuff into the living room in preparation of boxing up for the rest of the year.

Sean has been hanging out with Dylan and Demetris - they haven't been doing that much just goofing off between our house and Demetris'. Since the rest of the neighborhood has come out they have pretty much hung outside with the kids on the street.

I haven't heard anything from Danielle since just after Christmas. I sure hope that she drops by soon so that Faith can have her Christmas gifts. I'm probably just going to have to pack them up in a shopping bag and hang them on her car at school. That way she'll not have to come by here and I won't make an unsuccessful trip to Chester.

I've shampooed the upstairs hallway and stairway - someone brought something in on their shoes and it left ugly blackish marks on the stairs and at the landing. So I had to get all that mess up. The wreaths are off the house and the candles are out of the windows. Now we are back to non-Christmas mode. I've even managed to get all the throw rugs from downstairs washed.

Miss Lilly had her nose stuck in the water bowl this evening and was "blowing bubbles". It was so funny to watch. I didn't think that that was what she was doing, but sure enough she was. It caused lots of laughter. Very nice.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought of the Day: You must pray that the way be long, full of adventures and experiences. - Constantine Peter Cavafy, Greek poet

This is a great little graphic that I found on Danielle's MySpace.

Angel Tomato

This was at the stand of Brenneman's Produce, Vicky Brenneman had sliced open a tomato and this is what she found ... She put it on display for all to see .. I thought this was awesome, to see something so simple to uplift our lives and make us smile ... Photo by Dennis Ober.

It also goes to show that you can't always tell from the outside who is truly an angel inside!

No comments: