Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday

This morning I will be heading in for choir practice, Sunday school & church. I don't have anything on the agenda for the afternoon, but this evening. Dean & I will be heading out to a "dinner party" with several couples from the IT department. This will be the first get together that we've been to in a number of years. I do hope that we have a good time. Sean will be manning the fort with constant contact. No worries.

I found the listing for the house in Chester that we are looking into. We looked around the outside yesterday and have left word for our realtor to call us so that we can get into look at it. It's empty, so if everything were to work out it wouldn't take us any time to move. Also, creepiness....I was dreaming about the yard and house last night. All positive - on how to do some landscaping, etc. Sean says he dreamed about it as well.

Walter and I worked on his dashboard for a while this afternoon, matching the "paint" to fill in the cracks in the dashboard. We found out that the paint would dry using the heat gun from my Genesis paints. Sure made the work go much faster.

Our dinner party was enlightening. It introduced me to some of the people that Dean works with and their wifes/girlfriends. The gentleman who threw the party Allen, was a real down to earth fellow and his girlfriend was very nice and friendly.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • The Gospel in 4 Words: Christ In My Place
  • You can not grieve those who do not care about you.
This is somewhat different, What's your Birthverse?, it takes your birthday and gives a scripture tha corralates with the day of your birth. It was pretty neat so I ran the whole family through and here are the results:
  • Me - Genesis 9:16 NIV - "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
  • Dean - Proverbs 12:23 NIV - A prudent man keeps his knowledge to himself, but the heart of fools blurts out folly.
  • Walter - Matthew 7:8 NIV - For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
  • Danielle - Proverbs 2:7 NIV - He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless
  • Sean - John 10:15 NIV - ...just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.
  • and I even did Miss Faith's - Colossians 1:27 NIV - ...the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
"Unique Breakfast"

A man observed a sign in the window of a restaurant that read Unique Breakfast, so he walked in and sat down. The waitress brought him his coffee and asked him what he wanted.

"What's your Unique Breakfast?" he asked.

"Baked tongue of chicken!" she proudly replied.

"Baked tongue of chicken? Baked tongue of chicken! Do you have any idea how disgusting that is? I would never even consider eating anything that came out of a chicken's mouth!" he fumed.

Undaunted, the waitress asked, "What would you like, then?"

"Just bring me a hard boiled egg," the man replied.

2 comments:

Sbrewer said...

Nice house! I love the house you live in now though! I would love to have a two story home! Almost got one but was a little out of our budget. That's always the case! Good Luck!

Judy said...

You sound just like me when we were looking for the house that we are in now. I never thought that I would find something that we could afford. AND we had already sold the home we were living in. The pressure was really on then. Then the builder dragged his feet. It was a lovely adventure.