Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday

I got lucky this morning, when I was making the normal pot of coffee. I just slapped a filter full of coffee in and set to brewing, failing to notice that I had forgotten to put the filter basket back in to hold the filter. Dean caught the early morning boo-boo when he saw the filter basket laying on the counter. The good news is the coffee brewed just find, the bad is that some of it over flowed and I ended up mopping up the counter. Enjoy your morning coffee - I will mine.

Alice stopped by for a short while this morning to brainstorm over a few logo designs for a tenative client. We were able to come up with several fairly good ideas. I hope that the client likes one of them. I got them worked up and sent to Alice for evaluation. It was good to work on something that was creative and productive. Instead of just sending her four (4) designs I ended up sending seven (7). I hope like crazy that this particular "job" comes through for "us". If not however, it has been excellent practice for me.

Sean & I have had such a great day together. We even went out and rented a few movies!
  • Cheaper by the Dozen 2 - pretty good sequel.
  • Failure to Launch - chick flick
  • Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - dark lighting made it hard to see, but that I suspect is due to it being done by Tim Burton. The storyline is similar to the older version, but there are a great number of changes.
  • Dodgeball - strange but funny
He found a really interesting penny this afternoon, it is an 1890 Indian head. It was exciting to find something like that in some change you've gotten from a store somewhere. He even did a number of chores around the house to help him earn some money. So this evening he has skated off to Skate-Away. I'll be picking him up later on this evening. I just know that he'll be having a great time.

Thought for the Day: "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true. You may have to work for it, however." Richard Bach

No comments: