Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday

This morning I've run Tweat out to the tree in the backyard - she's enjoying the nice change of weather, of course, Carla is at the watch.

Alice dropped by this morning on her way to work to leave me some sealant so that I could put my "goldfish" in the toilet bowl. I've been wanting to do this ever since we moved into our house. I've thought that they would add a humorous touch to the "potty", and just to be cute I also put a set of these little fishies into the bowl of the shared upstairs bath. I painted these a number of years ago and only now have had the proper of method of securing them in the bowl. Great fun! I bet the little kids will really be confused. I can only imagine what an unsuspecting guest will think.

If you click on the picture it will give you a close up view of the goldfish swimming in the bowl.

The fireman & his assistant arrived this morning - no we didn't have a fire! Thank goodness, they are off duty running their own business. They are here to powerwash the house. Louise has had them all to herself at her house a few times, now it's our turn. They started working on the house at 9 a.m. and have been at it ever since - they put in a total of four hours on the house and deck. Nothing like watching a couple of men get dirty.

While they were working on the house, Mom dropped by for a visit. She helped out getting the photos of the goldfish. A bit later she and Sean headed off to Costco, Mom to pick up some supplies while Sean wanted to go and snack throughout the store. They brought back lunch with them, seafood subs from Subway. The subs weren't bad at all. Definitely different, but in a good way.

We received the new school calendar in the mail today and I finally got it all transfered over to the family calendar. That puts us one step closer to the start of school. Sean received his homeroom assignment a couple of days ago, so he has been comparing with a few other people to see if they are in the same room.

I sent Alice one of the photos of the fishies that had the general shape of a lifesaver and was beginning to look like a float/candy and just look what she has done with it.

Who would have ever thought that my bowl design would translate into such other fun ideas. Who knows what we'll come up with next.

Sean got out with the neighbors and they played a couple of games of kickballs. He got onto base and then scored a run.

He smirked at me as he was headed back out into the field. He was giving me a hard time about taking pictures. He was hiding his face most of the time.

I did get a shot of him on second and third. He was leaning on third base which was Clint's car.

No comments: