Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Tuesday

This morning, all the critters were so happy to see me when I went downstairs. I was able to sleep late, Dean is home for the morning so that he can attend a Microsoft seminar in the afternoon. Back to the critters - Bubba was doing flips in the water; Carla stretched all out ready to outside; and Tweat was happy to have her cover removed and has been telling me about it since. I even got her out of the case for a few minutes to work on hand taming while Carla was outside.

Around mid-morning we had swimming lessons once again. This time I called the office before leaving to determine if the pools were going to be open before we left. This gave us the opportunity to either call off lessons (to save gas) or get going accordingly. This is a much better way to make sure we either get the lessons in or not. Sam is making excellent progress, and Abby is still working on the getting into the water, but she will kick the water sitting on the side of the pool.

Miss Abby popped out of the sunroof of the car to wave at her mom as we arrived back at our house following lessons. Our afternoon was full, Elda and the kids came back to the house for a cheese pizza for lunch and a short visit. I received a call that my "Italian's" were in and Sean & I headed out to the opthomologist office to pick them up. We were even able to schedule him an eye exam before school starts in the Fall. I think that I am going to like the new glasses or course time will tell. Since we've gotten back in Sean is playing on the computer a bit; and it has started to rain, AMEN! just what we have needed now it only needs to keep it up for most of the evening or even the next couple of days at this pace. No such luck - it stopped. :(

I finished reading the The Gnostic Gospels, this afternoon it turned out to be a comparison of what the gnostics and the orthodox (Catholic) church had in common and those things which they disagreed. Sort of an interesting read, it is more historical in nature rather than having any real "meat" to chew over. My next read is the Encyclopedia of Heresies and Heretics it sounds a bit more interesting.

Dean had a great seminar, he even won a doorprize - a training manual with CD on .Network 2.0 plus a copy preview copy of Microsoft's new operating system Vista. All in all I would say he had a great time.

No comments: