Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday

Sean & I have been out gathering together supplies to repair the outdoor table. We have everything necessary to do the table and to get started on the chairs. The weather is so nice and inviting, I'm pretty sure that we are going to get a couple of things accomplished outside this afternoon.

I was able to get the first couple of base coats on the new table top; Sean & I began working on cleaning up the torn down tree fort. He had to give it up due to severly blistered hands.

We took a break and went out to Mom & Dad's house to pick up tomatoes and watermelon. Sean had a great time eating watermelon on the porch. He had it everywhere. Mom took a couple of good photos of him.

Here he had a huge slice of watermelon and was savoring every bite. He also had a great time spitting the seeds out into the yard. In the next photo he is finishing off the final chunk and making sure that he has cleaned the rind off competely before having fun throwing the rinds out into the woods.

We've had company this evening - Walter came over for dinner and to play on the PlayStation with Sean. I haven't seen either one of them since dinner. They had a great time playing football and Rachet & Clank. I do believe that they even beat one of the levels in Rachet & Clank.

We sent Walter off this evening with his textbooks, tomatoes (from Papaw), a watermelon, and a game that he borrowed from Sean. Oh, almost forgot his boots that had been soaking in oxyclean while he was here. Yeah for oxyclean, it takes the swamp out of his boots.

Newsletter Gleenings to share:

Thought of the Week: Money is a result, wealth is a result, health is a result, illness is a result, your weight is a result. We live in a world of cause and effect. T Harv Eker

Quote of the Day: "You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself." Harry Firestone

Having worked as a paralegal I always get a big kick out of humor involving lawyers so with further ado....
LAWYER JOKE!

A lawyer and an engineer were fishing in the Caribbean .

The lawyer said, "I'm here because my house burned down, and everything I owned was destroyed by the fire. The insurance company paid for everything."

"That's quite a coincidence," said the engineer. "I'm here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed in an earthquake, and my insurance company also paid for everything."

The lawyer looked somewhat confused. "How do you start an earthquake?" he asked.

The family strikes again - with jokes coming in on email:

REST STOP

I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45-minute delay and everybody on board was ticked.

Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in 30 minutes.

Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we're in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs."

Picture this ... all the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with the Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses.

People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, they also were trying to change airlines!

WHAT HAPPENED

"What happened?" asked the hospital visitor to the heavily bandaged man sitting up in bed.

"Well, I went down to Margate at the weekend and decided to take a ride on the roller coaster. As we came up to the top of the highest loop, I noticed a little sign by the side of the track. I tried to read it but it was very small and I couldn't make it out. I was so curious that I decided to go round again, but we went by so quickly that I couldn't see what the sign said. By now, I was determined to read that sign so I went round a third time. As we reached the top, I stood up in the car to get a better view."

"And did you manage to see what the sign said this time?" asked the visitor.

"Yes."

"What did it say?"

"Don't stand up in the car!"

No comments: