Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Waiting Wednesday

And so the morning begins....this morning I was amazed to see that there was condensation on each and every window & door of the house. The temperature outside was 1-degree cooler than inside, but I know that is not going to last for very long at all. When I stepped out onto the deck there were about 15-20 birds hanging out in the dead tree in the yard behind us, just watching me and then they started with the bird calls. I would almost swear that they were fussing with me for not having water in the birdbath and food in the feeders. I hung Tweat's cage on the deck and let her enjoy the outside while I was outside. Of course, Carla stayed on the deck and "watched over" Tweat, but I know full and well that she was just watching for the opportunity to get her out to "play" chase the bird.

Taking the the opportunity of cooler temperatures, but not less humid, to water the bushes that I had transplanted earlier in the summer as well as to fill the birdbaths and feeders the birds settled down and even ventured a wee bit closer. There was one intrepid squirrel that kept "sneaking" up on me as if I couldn't see him. I'm sure he hit the corn & sunflower seeds just the minute I left the backyard. Later on in the day I did see a couple of birds splashing around in the birdbath next to the driveway. They were having a great time, hopping in & out, then back in again.

Our local newspaper left us a teaser paper in the drive this morning - glad to have it since getting the bird we always need black & white newsprint. Oh I'm sure that there'll be something in there worth reading before putting it to another use - just normally I glance at the paper online.

Just checked the weather report with NOAA here is their outlook for the day: Widespread haze before 9am. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 101. Heat index values as high as 111. West wind between 5 and 7 mph. PLUS we are under three other weather advisories: 1) Excessive Heat Warning; 2) Excessive Heat Watch; and 3) Hazardous Weather Outlook. They all sound vaguely similar - with the same advise drink plenty of fluids if you are outside, stay cool (inside) as much as possible and bear with it - this too shall pass (eventually). We are all just waiting for it to pass. REMEMBER: The first day of Fall is only 52 days away.

At 5:45 this evening our outdoor thermometer reads 95-degrees and I'm sure that it has been hotter at different points during the day. I've kept the mini-blinds shut and the doors too, at least until the back of the house was in the shade. In order to cut down on the heat from cooking I've been using the electric skillet and not putting anything in the oven. I've even kept the the lights off in the house so they aren't putting off any additional heat in to the room. The ceiling fan is nice, a couple of times I've had to go out side for a bit to warm up from the breeze.

Tweat has been talking up a storm today - it seems that she has something to say about every 15 to 20 seconds. It sure seems like she is happy or perhaps she is being a bothersome child asking, "Can I go out? Can I go out?" I'm enjoying hearing her though. Even Bubba is trying to get into the act by splashing water out of his bowl in an attempt to get my attention. It is a riot to watch. Every now and then I give him a piece of food to pacifiy him. Then there is Carla who can't decide if she wants to be inside or outside.

The little guy didn't get up this morning until NOON! Then he had a huge breakfast of two eggs, two slices of toast and three pieces of bacon with milk to wash it all down. WOW! There was some heavy snoozing going on there. After he did finally finish breakfast he played a computer game for the rest of the after.

While he was still sleeping, in order to keep the noise down so that he could saw the load of lumber that he was working on, I took time to do some reading and the spent a part of my afternoon has been set aside working on PhotoShop. Trying out this and that, I took my Crossed Brush Studio butterfly and worked on it to change it over to the blues and yellows. It's coming along so far I do believe it is getting closer to the finished product that I want. It may be a bit too tie-dyed - but it is getting closer.

I talked with Walt this afternoon - he is getting set to sign up for the Fall semester of school - the class of choice this semester is Surveying 101 (if it isn't filled), otherwise he'll try a math class. Amazingly enough I had talked Tim not that much earlier about signing up for the same class - it seems that instead of going to Reynolds they want him to attend the class at Tyler. They both have until the 11th to sign up and get ready to start. Speaking of getting ready to start school the little guy has 33 days left until he makes the return back to middle school. Lots to get ready before that time. Then Dean, I believe has to mid-September to sign up for his next semester class. That will put him about 6 or 7 classes away from finishing up totally.

No comments: