Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday

Up early for a Saturday morning, but what do you do when your body says time to rise & shine. The coffee is making and I am just about ready to take Miss Tweat outside and enjoy the morning for short while before the day gets under way. Before I stepped out the back door, I was treated to a humming bird visiting the petunias which sit on the deck rail, she only stopped at three flowers that I could tell, but she was in and out of the like lightening.

While sitting back and enjoying the first cup of coffee of the morning I could make out the sound of a train (now not living near a track, I know it wasn't, but it sure sounded like one) which reminded me so much of visiting with Mamaw Stapleton when she lived in Virginia Lee when I was little. It is amazing how much an odd sound can conjure up old memories.

I went out to get the Camry washed and vacuumed out the interior. When I got home I finished up cleaning the interior, armorall, frebreze, and cleaned the windows too.

I took several pictures of a dragonfly at the pool yesterday. I fiddled with these images in PhotoShop and created a couple of collages. It was fun to put it together and create something new from just one photograph. The dragonfly below appears to be doing his aerobic exercises on the plants next to the pool. The closer I got to him, the more he raised up his tail. I would move away and he would settle back down. Thus he got a real workout as I was attempting to get some good close up pictures. My teacher & sister, Alice, gave me the nod of approval - she said I was doing a good job. Which is great coming from the resident family "expert".

Everyone around here is thinking about taking a nap this afternoon so that we can all stay up late this evening to see Mars. The telescope is repaired and available to use. I'm even going to try to take a photo of it through the telescope. I'll post it here on Sunday if I manage to get a shot. If not I'll still post my reactions to the phenomena.

I popped out to visit with Alice this afternoon for a really nice visit. We did some cleaning and putting away somethings that needed to be stowed out of Master Terry's reach. We did get the kitchen floor cleared as well as the counters. Terry was such a sweetie while I was there, and he even went to sleep for me while I was holding his hand. He was precious laying on the sofa all covered up and comfy.

Well, it is getting late, about 9:30 p.m. now, and we are watching for the moon to rise to fix the position of Mars in the sky. I don't believe that Mars is going to be as large as anticipated, but most likely it will be though a telescope. The is going to be keeping still long enough to get the image of Mars focused in, since the camera is not on a tripod. Here is crossing my fingers. Well, while trying to find out what time moonrise was I found out the truth about the whole Mars thing -- It is a Hoax. I found the fact at FloridaStars.org We all should have known better, I usually check this stuff out but this one slipped by me until this evening. Sorry to anyone who was looking.

I am really looking forward to Sunday School class tomorrow. We are beginning a study of Christianity & the Occult, it promises to be quite interesting. Dr. See of Atlantic Bible College is going to be instructing the class. I am guessing that the course will at least run through December or a little longer, depending on how fast we cover the material. It may even wind up that we will be able to receive a (1) college credit for going through the class, which would be neat.

From My E-mail:

To A Keeper

One day someone's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't any more. No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute." Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away never to return before we can say goodbye, say "I love you!"

So while we have it . . . it's best we love it . . . and care for it and fix it when it's broken . . . and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage and old cars . . and children with bad report cards and dogs with bad hips and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a classmate we grew up with; or a coworker we worked with. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special . . . and so, We keep them close!

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Looks like we all have MUD on our faces. I have been watching for a moon/mars for over a week now. Thanks for letting me know. Now I can go to bed a little earlier.