Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Wednesday Visit

Today we are going to have a slightly busy day. I will be going to visit with Danielle & Miss Faith. It has been awhile since I've had new pictures. So I will share what I take here.

Miss Faith was very happy to see me. She just smiled so sweetly when I spoke to her. I know that she was just as happy to see me as I was to see her. She didn't hesitate on minute in coming to me. Of course, that gives me lots of warm and fuzzies.

She and I played on the chair and bounced around the house for a while. We played with her Snoopy dog, and a couple of teething rings, before breaking out the binkie and blanket.

As you can see she really enjoys her teething ring. Especially when you are talking to about it and asking her what she is doing with it.

She just showed so much happiness and fully liked having my sole attention. Let play until I'm ready to do something else.

She went on from the teething ring to show her Mamaw that she is able to sit up all by herself without any support behind her. She seems to be proud of herself, still a little apprehensive, but knows that she is doing a good job.

She looked so sweet sitting there all by herself with her Snoopy that I could not resist get a few shots of her showing off this new skill, which she seems to have developed quite well. It won't be long before she is scooting around the house crawling and then walking.
I had opportunity to read a story book with Miss Faith. She really enjoys looking at the pages and trying to turn them. We did this for quite a while, actually we looked a another book about animals. She didn't seemed as impressed by it. The one we are reading in the photos are about an octopus and water. Extremely fun stuff. She even tried it seemed to point at different images. She is just going to be so smart and pick up all these important skills so early.

Danielle took these pictures, as everyone knows you just can't do these yourself without a tripod and a remote and she wouldn't be as comfortable if I were trying to pose this.

I'll just have to say that she is the apple of her Mamaw's eye for now. She began to get a touch fussy so we went for a walk around the house to see all the mirrors and the other little girl that lives there, she giggles at them and will kick her feet when she sees herself.

I got her settled into the chair again with me and Danielle brought her a blanket, which she promptly put into her mouth. Just like her mommy when she was a little girl. She even snuggled just a little with me. They tell me that she doesn't like to snuggle, but a got it for just that minute. Which makes it truly special.








It didn't take long until she was all settled in and soon fast asleep. As she was slipping off to sleep her mommy was across the room and snuggling up under her own blanket. Faith looks so angelic when she is sleeping, so sweet and without a care.

Once she was alseep, I even had the pleasure of putting her to bed in her room. She only fussed for a moment when she lost her binkie, but then settled right down on her tummy and snuggled under her blanket arms straight down by her side. That is something I've seen her mommy do too. Once she was in her bed I noticed that she has about half a dozen binkies in the bed with her. There is not a chance that she'll go without one, because it seems that there is always one at hand.

Walter dropped by to for a brief visit - he had been out in the swamp all day at work. He was out borrowing a boot dryer and hunting down some baking soda. He was heading home to check for ticks and leeches. Much to his happiness no leeches!

Oooo...there is going to be a full moon tonight, perhaps the guys will get out the telescope tonight and see what we can see. I also have an ulterior motive - I wonder if I can get a photo through the telescope lens. It's worth a try. Well no such luck we have an overcast sky and the moon isn't visible. Maybe one night before the nearness of Mars passes.

No comments: