Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Tuesday Twists

This morning broke with possible promise of rain of some sort, yet none has appeared on the horizon. It is a sweltering 96-degrees outside now and feels much hotter. Before Sean awoke this morning I made a new August calendar for my desktop. I redid one that I had found and made it much more family compatible. The orginal had many more dogs, so I removed all of them and put our own Carla into the picture. I added a background behind the calendar and included our own August Highlights. Finally I added Carla's name to the doghouse and added some shadows.

We had cancelled swim lessons for the day due to the heat, but changed our plans due to the fortunate a turn events. Tim went in to work this morning at 5 something and was off work much earlier than normal, so he was able to drive the family in air conditioning over to the pool. While we waited for them to show up we played with Walter's birds - I played the recording of Tweat and it nearly drove Butch & Sundance crazy. It was a chirpping good time. I was also able to record them and later am going to play at home to see what Tweat has to say. Tweat had a small fit - she was climbing over her toy and cuttle bone to see if she could find them.

Butch & Sundance Reply to Tweat

powered by ODEO

Once everyone had arrived and was all set to get into the pool, was when our plans went astray - the pool was closed - my pass unlocked the gate, but it wasn't until then that we noticed that the gate was padlocked. The pool being close to the maintenance area, we were able to find out what was going on. All the pools were closed - basically they weren't able to get the chemicals in the pool stable, due to excess evaporation brought on by the extreme temperatures. So better luck next time.

LG just told me that tonight is "National Night Out" and I agree with her that I'm not going to be out there enjoying the sweltering evening. This evening poor Dean has had to work over once again. I hope that they don't keep him there too long this evening.

Walter has decided that he is coming over this evening to bring a little dinner by to share with me and to play a few hands of cards. [I hope!] I sure do enjoy playing cards with him. He is such a gracious player. He even beat me in a couple of hands. Such a sweet victory.

No comments: