Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday Musings

This morning I was sitting on the deck for a short time, as the heat is already beginning to creep up on us. While watching the birdfeeder I was able to spot at least four squirrels and three or more blue jays, plus a variety of smaller birds that I'm not able to identify at this time. I did find out that those crazy little birds that run up and down the trees like a group of teenagers roaming the mall are actually white breasted nuthatchs. They act a little "nutty" so the name really fits.

I was heading over to see Walter this afternoon - but he has been so out of it "sleepy" that I haven't been able to get in touch with him since this morning. He has all the supplies that he needs to nurse his sunburn, so I'm not too worried. Tim called and let us know that he and Walter had caught the boat limit of fish, since they weren't really interested in keeping them so they were doing catch & release fishing. He was impressed at Walt's fishing abilities. Way to go Walt!

Unforgiveness

Nothing is as painful, As unforgiveness to the soul;
A heart that's torn asunder, With forgiveness becomes whole.
A single kind word spoken Means more than countless words;
The three words, "I forgive you," Are all that need be heard.
To a soul that has been wounded, Like a healing, cooling balm;
Forgiveness soothes and comforts, Till at last the soul is calm.
For the soul that seeks forgiveness, When forgiveness can't be found;
It struggles vainly everyday, To hear that simple sound.
The power in those three kind words, Can heal a heart that's broken;
But that heart cannot begin to heal, As long as words remain unspoken.
Compassion in its purest sense, Resides in those three words;
The three words, "I forgive you," Are all that need be heard.

Author unknown - EFT Insights Newsletter (July 31, 2006)

I was having some fun this morning recording Tweat. Once I had the recording, and starting to play it back that is when the real fun began. Tweat was would answer the recording. What a hoot! So here is what our sweet little Tweat sounds like.

Tweat in the Morning

powered by ODEO

The temperature here has been in the 90's, but it has seemed so much higher. It is even muggy feeling in the house. I don't expect tomorrow to be any better, but we will be having swimming lessons for Sam & Abby. At least we will all be wet and cool - the pool is in the shade during the early part of the afternoon.

We got our Insight & Focus CDs today and I can hardly wait to try them out. They are designed to help with stress and to increase focus. I'm sure that everyone in the house can use them - we all need to have less stress and more ability to focus on things.

I had an unsettling discovery this evening, the water coming out of the faucet was a bathroom shade of yellow. How unappealing! I'm going to have to phone the water department tomorrow and find out what is going on. If we didn't already have bottled water, I would be running out to the store to get some. It may be a result of one of the neighbors putting in an irrigation system or some other such cause. But it surely looks very unhealthy.

No comments: