Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Working Wednesday

The fog has settled in over the area during the night. It gives an eerie, spooky look to a normally peaceful appearing area. Getting on with the day Carla and Tweat have been spending some time out on the deck. I have hung Tweat's cage from one of the ribs of the market umbrella on the deck. He seems to appreciate being outside, at least he is not pacing back and forth on his perch like a small child waiting in line to see Santa Claus. It does calm him down.

Carla has put on her protectorate of the neighbors hat this morning as a cleaning crew arrived at one of the neighbor's houses. The crew actually came over to see her before they went in. Carla being Carla growled a lot but was wagging her tail the whole time. Fierce but harmless.

Sean & I have had an excellent morning together - We have watched movie trailers and finally found a movie to watch together on television this morning. This afternoon I got to work on shampooing the carpet in the new Office, but being thus motivated I hit all the upstairs rooms and the hallway. I did have one incident with the shampooer - the belt broke, so I switched it out and finished up. I took a break out to take the little guy to the orthodontist - great visit no broken brackets or bands, if he keeps up wearing his rubberbands he may get them off this Fall. After we got back I set my sights on cleaning the living room sofa cushions - Oxyclean and a lot of scrubbing, but I hope they come out great.

This evening after dinner, Sean hung Tweat back outside for awhile. I walked on the deck for a bit and he was singing and so was just about every other bird in the area. There were mourning doves, wrens and several others that I don't have a clue as to what they are. The squirrel was doing acrobatics on the birdfeeder and even caused it to really swing when he tried jumping from the feeder to a tree. I brought Tweat back inside and gave him a stepup lesson - he was so funny trying to fly away. But once he figured out what we were doing it was okay, I got him back to the cage and he flew up on top of the cage. He flew down to the chair and then stepped back up on my hand and then hopped into the cage without a problem. He earned a small spray of millet as a reward for his efforts, which he is thoroughly enjoying devoring,

No comments: