Saturday, July 29, 2006

Simply Saturday

Out as usual this morning to check out the yard. The "shamrock" rose had fully opened since yesterday. The photo shows the garden fairy just behind the rose bush. A closer inspection of the open rose revealed a stunning interior, and the opportunity to take the shot could not be passed upon.

While watering the fence line shrubbery, a honey bee had landed at the waters edge in the birdbath, it was very unusual to see a bee taking a drink of water.

Have a little adventure this afternoon - after spending a good majority of the morning talking with Alice, I ended up heading over to her house to pick up my "PhotoShop" lessons for the fall and also found out about a new graphics website. There are some interesting sites that have available royalty free images. It won't be too long before Alice has me doing some interesting graphic designs - I'm going to put myself together a syllabus based on my lessons so that I can have a planned out semester to work through the book. Then come my second semester, she has a second book that will need to be worked through as well. Not to mention the "brainstorming" sessions that we may take a notion to have every once in a while. Great fun bouncing ideas off one another since we tend to think along the same line and then at others totally in opposite directions. It is great to get the feed back.

While hanging at at Alice's, Mom came by and delivered some corn from Dad's garden. That sweet white corn is always wonderful. Thanks Dad!

I got this cartoon in my email today and thought that I would pass it along:

This afternoon has been dedicated to a sewing project for Miss Carla. She has a couple of chairs that she particularly likes to sit on, yet she leaves little hairs that she has shed behind. So, in order to help with this particular problem I made two "seat covers" for her. Now the trick is going to be to get her to sit on them over the other parts of the sofa or other chairs. So far it appears that she likes them....keep your fingers crossed that she picks up this new habit.

Dean put in some work on the new office putting together the bookcase. It fit the nook fantastically and looks absolutely great.

I found this really neat program called AndreaMosaic and it uses images from your own collection to create a mosaic of a base image that you select. There was a brief tutorial on a site I found which linked to the download site. In my first mosaic I used images of my granddaughter that I had gathered from web images. It didn't come out too bad for a first effort. Of course the further you are away from the image when you look at the clearer it becomes.

This could be a great way to use those extra photos that we gather together, for example, when you have a couple of hundred photos of a hummingbird they could be used to create a neat mosaic of a hummer.

No comments: