Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday

I came across this interesting theory on the three primary reasons why those who struggle with weight do so:
  1. A fear of moving forward in their life, living their purpose.
  2. The extra weight is a protection from a perceived threat or fear.
  3. Food is used as a counterfeit energy to compensate for the emotional and spiritual energies of sweetness, comfort, fulfillment, and satisfaction that are lacking in their lives.
Interesting to contemplate, as well as this little tidbit entitled "All Truth Goes Through Three Stages"
  • First it is ridiculed
  • Then it is violently opposed
  • Finally, it is accepted as self-evident
I'm heading out into the yard this morning and moving some small plants around in the area of the bird feeder. It is my hope that they will continue to grow and provide more color for that area as well and seed for the yellow finchs. Once I got started, I of course, got on a roll and ended up moving three small azaleas that weren't doing to well in the side yard. I think that they were getting too much sun. I put them in between the crepe myrtle bushes. I have seen this arrangement around town and once things get to full size it will look great!

I was right I wasn't outside long based on the level of humidity and the expected high temperature of 95-degrees. I got in before 10 and ended up hopping out to Mom & Dad's to trade some black-eyed susan plants for some, what we call trumpet flowers (although that is not what they are really called).

While Mom & I were walking around in her yard we came across a "June Bug" these are the type of beetles that I remember when I was little tying a string to their leg and letting them fly around. I've been looking around the net to see if this is actually a June bug and haven't found any that look like it - so off the email has gone to our resident biologist to find out what type of beetle it really is....and the answer (7/14) is it looks like a June Bug! to him also, it is definitely in the Order Coleoptera (which are the beetles). Thanks Steve for the answer to the burning question of the day.

I also was able to be blessed with some fresh picked green beans, squash and apples. Thanks Dad!

We received some bad news from Aunt Barbara Jean, Uncle Jimmy's sister passed away this afternoon. All our prayers and sympathy go out to them and all the family. - The Smith's



This evening a number of storms came through the area and really dumped quite a bit of water onto us in a short period of time. I thought that my petunias had been pounded down never to recover. Also it looks like I'm coming down with a bit of laryngitis - but I hope that it doesn't last very long this time. It took three weeks to get over the last bout I had of it. Thinking positively it will only last a couple of days.

No comments: