Friday, July 14, 2006

Friday

Click on image to enlarge

I had a really enjoyable morning visiting with Danielle & Faith. Faith rolled over for me and we "talked for a while". She really enjoyed playing with her Snoopy. She giggled and giggled. She began to get a little fussy so we took a walk around the house checking the other baby in the mirrors around the house. We also went outside to sit on the steps, since she loves being outside so much. We watched as a little boy went riding by on his bicycle and a jogger also. We listened to the birds singing and saw a a chipmunk going down the driveway looking for a snack. Once the outdoors weren't entertaining her any further since she was beginning to get tired, we went inside where and she sat snuggled up in my lap until she nodded off to dreamland.

After she woke up, Danielle got her all ready to take to the doctor for a quick look at her ears. It seems that she has been pulling at them and has on occasion cut her ear with her fingernail. I received a phone call from Danielle after I got home - the report on Miss Faith was no trouble with her ears and that her top two teeth are going to be coming in soon. She now weighs in at 14lbs 8oz. Growing like a weed.

I sat out on the deck for a little while this afternoon and enjoyed the great number of visitors to the feeder area. So far I've seen squirrels, mourning doves, cardinals, purple finches, starlings and a few others that I don't know their names. It has been quite a busy area so far today.

Alice and I got together this evening and had a wonderful time talking over coffee/hot chocolate at Panera's. I really enjoyed spending the time with my "baby" sister. On the drive home, the summer evening was evidenced by the sparkling of fireflies over open fields, and of course as soon as I opened the car door the mugginess of a hot Virginia night surrounded me. Praise the Lord for air conditioning.

No comments: