Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lazy Sunday

As I fell asleep last night the sounds of rain beating against the house lulled me into a sound sleep, in fact, I even slept later than usual for a Sunday morning. While upstairs I heard our newest "family" member singing in the kitchen. It was delightful. It gave me the feeling that the windows were open and that all was well.

Dean surprised me this morning with a delicious breakfast - he served it up almost as soon as I walked into the kitchen. Which sent me off with the sweet taste of blueberries and strawberries as I headed off to church.

Our Sunday school class was a bit on the giddy side this morning. Lots of laughter and jokes about the way the family night dinner menu might be read. Just a comma in a different place and it took on a whole new meaning. Paul was on target with his teaching, finishing up the 2nd part of our lesson on Daniel 9. Very informative. For instance I learned that the Jewish calendar has only 360 days.

I visited with Faith, Danielle & Ben for a while in the nursery this morning and got these photos of Miss Faith.

I arrived home this morning from church only to be greeted by Miss Carla and our parakeet who was chirping delightfully when I came inside. The boys have been in the office all afternoon playing Asheron's Call or some other such game.

There has been a decision on the name of the parakeet. It will be either Mr. or Miss Tweat. In line with the characteristics that he/she has presented.

I spoke with Walter this afternoon and he had been greatly enjoying listening to his boys talking with one another and singing up a storm.

Our neighbor came over this afternoon after returning from their trip to California - they brought me back a couple of starfish from San Clemente as a souvenir. It was very thoughtful of them to think of me.

Before it got dark this evening Dean headed out and mowed and trimmed the lawn. The yard looks really great and you can tell that he really put a lot of effort into making it look great. The little guy hung out in the office until almost 9 p.m., doing this and that on the computer. I believe he may have installed a new game, defragmented the computer or such stuff.

I checked in with Walter this evening after dark to see if Butch & Sundance had also quieted down for the evening and he said they had. It was neat, the darker it became outside the less vocal Chirpy was. I've covered the cage for the evening, basically putting him/her to bed. We still haven't decided on male or female yet. Hopefully not too much longer now.

No comments: