Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday's Findings

Oh what a night!...and not the good kind. We had a series of telephone calls last night that kept getting us up every hour or so. The first struck just after 1:00 a.m., okay a wrong number. One you can forgive & forget.
  • The second came a little after 2:00 a.m.,
  • the third at 3:05 a.m., and finally a
  • fourth ringing in at 3:09 a.m.
The last three all came from the same phone number and the last one finally had someone speak and ask to speak with someone in the household. When the person was asked if they knew what time it was they hung up, and that ended the phone calls for the night. Yet this really messed everyone's sleep up. Then to top it off it's overcast this morning and may put everyone in a sleepy mood.

I popped out this morning to water the plants, after hearing that the odds for rain were slim only chances of scattered thunderstorms. The birds were out in force in the front yard and after I filled the feeder and put out some corn for the squirrels they began showing up in the corner of the yard to eat. I noticed that the "Shamrock" rose was budded out - but this year it is a light yellow-green color. I wonder if that is due to the lack of some type of mineral?

The blur that is behind the rose is my little garden fairy that Danielle gave me for Mother's Day. She is surrounded by a plant that we call "scrambled eggs". From the point of view of a fairy's job to watch over the garden and take care of the plants, she is doing a pretty good job. Things are blooming in their time and there have even been a few oddities here and there in the yard as well.

I hung Tweat outside for a short time this morning while I pulled out the dog brush and gave Carla a good brushing (on the deck). That would have been a huge mess if I had attempted to do that in the house. She may just wind up having a bath today if I get excited enough.

Great Quote for the day: "Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to start where he was." Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a real hoot:
Now That'’s Efficient!

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive double-pane energy-efficient kind.

Yesterday, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the windows had been installed a whole year ago and I hadn't paid for them yet.

Hellloooo? Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So I told him just exactly what his fast- talking sales guy had told ME last year... namely, that in just ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!

“Helllooooo"? (I told him). "It's been a year"

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up....

He hasn't called back, probably too embarrassed about forgetting the guarantee they made me.

Bet he won't underestimate a blonde anymore. --- Author Unknown

! ASSAULT CASE OUTCOME !

Yesterday, the young man that committed the assault against Sean went to court. I phoned the Commonwealth Attorney's office this morning to find out the final outcome of the case. He was tried as a juvenile and he pled guilty. Since he had turned 18 since the time of the assault, this resulted in him being sentenced as an adult to four days in jail.

Walter came by this evening to check in before his upcoming trip. He had been out gathering together the supplies that he needed for the trip. His final stop before heading home was to pick up a fishing license. It will be an early morning for them as they are putting in the boats above Maidens. Walter & Tim are heading out this weekend on a float trip with a bunch of the fellows from work. They are going to be floating from somewhere above Maidens and coming out at Maidens on Sunday. As the float is an overnight trip, I hope that they have a really good time and fair weather.

According to rumor, Danielle & her family are heading out to Lynchburg for the next week or so. This will be a great time for them to be together. Here's to having loads of fun.

No comments: