Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday

I went out for a little while this morning and came home and began water some of the transplanted plants and filling up the birdbaths when I came across the newest planting by our neighbors - a satellite dish!

I've been trying my best to screen our yards using the crepe myrtle, japanese bamboo and hopefully wishing for a privacy fence so that the dog won't bark everytime we go on the deck. But now, we get to enjoy the view of the gray round wonder every time we look out the window or door.
Thanks to Dean for getting some new beetle bags, I replaced the old one and the beetles are on the move to that area once again. How much long must we endure these stinking Japanese Beetles? I know I read somewhere that we need to put something down in August to kill next year's population. I really need to find that again.

As I was putting water in the second bird bath, I was able to snap these shots of a couple of bees on the butterfly bush! I wasn't sure if the butterfly bush was even going to come out this year - it looked so sad, so with a good pruning, it really perked up. Now to see how many butterflys and others come to visit. I know that if the neighbors were looking out their windows that would wonder what I was up to, hopping around in the flower beds and "picking beetles" instead of flowers.

Sean came home from camp today, having had a fantastic day. He is working on gathering together the necessary pieces to put together a costume for retro day at camp. What a neat idea! He is looking forward to participating in this activity.

Walter dropped by this evening and dropped off some green beans from Mom & Dad's house. He also let me know how wonderful it was to come home from work to have his dinner ready in the crockpot. He was off to help his sister out with some tutoring.

My niece is coming over to visit with me on Wednesday - we are going to have a "girls day". Doing manicures, pedicures and hairdos.

No comments: