Saturday, July 1, 2006

Saturday On the Go

I had choir practice this morning to go over our music for the Patriotic services at church tomorrow. Dean & Sean headed out to Louise's to help get her new tredmill all coordinated. After I got home, since the boys weren't home and no messages were on the phone, I hopped outside on the mower and mowed the yard. Now I'm working on the laundry. I may be ambitious and get a few more things done before they get back in from doing errands.

This morning I watched as a bunch of squirrels were hanging out and eating corn, peanuts and sunflower seeds. Then there was the female cardinal who was lurking around in the background looking for her favorite type of seed. There were other birds around - a few mourning doves and a huge blue jay. I think that I even saw a yellow finch.


I don't know the type of birds that these are but the mother & father were following around the baby bird. They were making all kinds of noise. It almost sounded like they were giving it instructions as to what he was suppose to do in looking for food and such. I saw them doing this same routine later in the evening.

I filled up the bird baths and I do believe that the birds and the squirrels were much happier with me, since I hadn't done it since yesterday evening. I do so enjoy watching all the visitors to the yard.

We've had a Will Smith afternoon, we started out watching Independence Day, followed by I-Robot.

The guys began working on playing Asheron's Call and installing some sort of add-in for it. That in and of itself has taken quite a while. I hope that they are able to get it working before they both get frustrated.

Then things went a little weird I watched Robinhood, followed by Terminator II.

While waiting for dinner to cook I sat out on the deck and listened to the wonderful songs being sung by the yellow finch in our neighbors tree.

I used the zoom on the camera to capture these images and even tried to use the binoculars to zoom in further. That is going to take some practice. No luck this time, but....maybe next time.

No comments: