Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday

I stepped out onto the deck this morning to acess the day - Yuck! My barefeet didn't hit dry deck it was damp (not the nice kind) and the sun is hidden by lots of cloud cover at this point in the day. According to the local forcast it is only going to get worse, as temperatures soar once again to near 100-degrees. Well, at least the temperature didn't get as high as they thought and there is hope this evening of a thunderstorm. I can hear the rumbling now, I hope that it actually does come through, and cool off the air a bit more. The plants could truly use the water and we could use the cooler tempeatures. It has finally begun to rain here (8 p.m.), I hope that it keeps it up for the majority of the evening.

I was relieved to see that the convention of wasps that had gathered on the edge of the house last night had dutifully dispersed - I got them with RAID last night during their big "meeting". That will teach them to hang out on our deck. One shot did the job. Poof! they scrambled and fell. Yippee!

I played around a bit with a recording I made of Faith during our last visit (7/14) - she was all giggles. I think I've got it figured now how to let you hear her, click on the link and listen to the fun that she was having that morning:

Miss Giggles

powered by ODEO

Alice did a drive by "booking" this morning to leave me with the latest novel that she had just finished up The Love Song of the Universe, by Mary Sparrowdancer. She says it is quite interesting. Of course, the book review will come later on.

Mom came by after getting her haircut and had me ride with her over to Sally's to pick up a perm and some color for her hair. Sally's was out of her color - how dare they...We put off putting in Mom's perm until later, because her hair just looks so cute as it is.

It's later: I Finished! Book Review time: I found it to be an interesting book on so many levels. As Science fiction it works well; on the subject of theology it takes interesting turns and if presented as fact it give pause for contemplation. This is one that can be read - either enjoy purely for the way it is written or as an examination of the author's experiences alone. You can take away many different things from this particular writing.

I came across this really odd bit of news on the Drudge Report this evening. It was about a man in Texas who caught a fish with human-like teeth, it is the oddest looking thing that I have ever seen. Then there is the weird story about a woman who gave birth to her own granddaughter. Just loads of weird things that are going on in the world.

Walter checked in with me earlier this evening and let me know that he was coming by for a visit tomorrow. I get to see my big guy. He has gotten his DSL all install at his place and is now able to cruise the net. Way to go. He and Danielle have finished their tutoring sessions. I'm so happy for both of them. They neither have to think about Chemistry for a good while now.

I stuck my head out of the door this evening and the katydid's are talking up a storm. They seem to be rejoicing at the rain that has fallen thus far. The cat had to get outside, his normal routine - he'll be sorry later if the rain returns.