Monday, August 7, 2006

Monday Messes

I went out this morning to be met with temperatures in the low 70's. It was a nice time to water the bushes and deck plants before it got too hot. I not sure how that the weather is going to be today, I'm sure that there is a chance of thunderstorms this evening, maybe we will get one (hope, hope, hope)

I ran out before Max arrived to pick up her perm and had such an enjoyable visit with the manager of Sally's, I could have hung out and talked with her for a hour or so. But since this morning Maxine and I had a beauty session scheduled, it's time for a perm once again, I hopped right back home. She and I had a nice visit together and she left here with lots of curls. We did a bunch of catching up on all the family and a few other things. I did have a temporary crisis while she was here. The dishwasher began passing water out onto the floor - it was a minor flooding situation. I thought that it was just a fluke, but when the rinse cycle started the flooding continued. It was so close to the wash being finished I let it go and hoped for the best. I informed Dean of the tragic situtaion and had him all set to pronounce the dishwasher - DOA. However, a brilliant thought came into my head while talking to Alice - there was this weird area on the side of the dishwasher that I thought was a discoloration and it ended up being one of my thin cutting boards. It had adhered to the interior and moved over a hole in the side wall which apparently aided in the discharge of water into the sink pipes. By removing the cutting board - it was completely repaired. YEAH! Stupid and simple problem.

Louise's firefighters came by to get together measurements for an estimate on power washing the "homestead" and deck. The head of the company, Lin, was absolutely delightful to talk with and very personable. According to Louise they are a working bunch - doing this on their days off from their full-time firefighting jobs. I love the little logo on their business card, it is so masculine in nature and makes you think that are a bunch of big strong men coming in to take charge of the problem.

Mom's email has been hopping and here is the jewel of the day that she passed along:

PURINA DIET

I have a Labrador Retriever & I was buying a large bag of Purina at Wal-Mart and was in line to check out. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry & that the food is nutritionally complete, so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy who was behind her. Horrified, she asked the reason for the hospital was if I'd been poisoned by eating it. I told her no; I'd been sitting in the street licking my paw and a car hit me.

I thought the tall guy was going to need help as he roared with laughter staggering to the door and fresh air.

Great Thought for the Week: If you want to change the fruits, you will first have to change the roots. If you want to change the visible, you must first change the invisible. - T Harv Eker
This evening we made trip out to visit with LG. Her new doors on the house look terrific as well as all the outside work (power washing & roof cleaning). The boys also picked up Dean's old telescope so that they could do some star gazing in the evenings. They are also getting prepared for the view of Mars, as the 27th draws closer. This will give them a great opportunity to share something new and educational. They already have been looking at the craters on the moon. A really great thing for them to share. They even let me take a look - The moon wasn't wholly visible but it had a very interesting look with the pine needles across the surface. The boys are waiting a bit longer to let the moon pass the neighbors trees to get a couple of other good views before heading to bed.

No comments: