Friday, August 4, 2006

Fry-day

This morning started late for me, I over slept - Dean was so sweet not to wake me. Grocery shopping is just going to get started later than I normally like, but I'm going to wait for the little guy wake up before heading out. We got out this afternoon to do the shopping, Sean woke up and wanted to go early.

It was horrible!!! [Why is it that so many holidays or special events, the tax holiday that runs this weekend, either fall on my grocery day or right after it so that everyone must be at the store?] So many people crammed into the school supply section and in the aisles between there and the grocery section.

Sean tried on this hat for size it was pretty cool looking, but he decided not to purchase it, but it did look nice on him.

The grocery department wasn't nearly as bad as, but shelping around two grocery carts was getting heavy by the time we were ready to check out. Now that we are home getting all the groceries put away is the big chore of the afternoon. Then I'll be ready for a nap.

Sean and I found six CDs in the $1.00 bin at Wal-Mart that had potential:
  1. The Odyssey - a cartoon version
  2. The Beverly Hillbillies - 9 episodes
  3. Bonanza - 4 episodes
  4. The Andy Griffith Show - 9 episodes
  5. Westward Ho! - cartoon fable
  6. Roswell Conspiracies Aliens, Myths & Legends - cartoon - Sean picked this one out.
Crossed Brush StudioI finally finished up revamping my Crossed Brush Studio logo. I like it so much better - since I finally learned enough about PhotoShop to make it look like I wanted it to look. Learning is Great! By next summer I should be on a real roll, after a whole year of getting acquainted with the program.

I've updated Crossed Brush Studio with the updated logo - there is more to do, possibly a whole site revamp, but for now at least the logo is there.

I'm serving up a cold dinner tonight with the exception of the main dish, beef pinwheel steaks, broccoli salad, cole slaw, with parmesan rolls. I hope that everyone enjoys it.

Found this quote int 04 August 2006, edition of the PatriotPost.US, Patriot No. 06-31:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." —Ronald Reagan

This just in from an email, sounds goood to me:

A Woman

This is written in the Hebrew Talmud, the book Where all of the sayings and preaching of Rabbis are conserved over time.

It says: "Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

A couple of items in a newsletter that I subscribe to were really good so, I've shared them here:

Quote of
the Day: "The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going." Anon

Before It's Too Late
If you have a tender message, Or a loving word to say,
Do not wait till you forget it, But whisper it today;
The tender word unspoken, The letter never sent,
The long forgotten messages, The wealth of love unspent.–
For these some hearts are breaking, For these some loved ones wait;
So show them that you care for them Before it is too late.
- Frank Herbert Sweet (EFT Website)

This evening Sean is headed out to to go skating for the evening. I'm going to take the opportunity to head out to visit with Alice and see if we can get the project that we are working on under way. I'm sure that we are going to have a great time.

No comments: