Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Return to Routine

The first day after the Christmas rush, it is time for us all to get back into the normal routine of life. I was all set to take Sean out to have an orthodontist appointment this morning until we had a monkey wrench thrown into the whole works, Sean woke up with a headache. Hopefully that he will recover from it very soon. I've rescheduled his appointment for next week in the afternoon I hope that we don't have anything to throw it off again as he is so close to having his braces removed.

Dean sent me a surprise email this morning it seems that he has been given a 10-year service award. It is nice to see that Quimonda is giving recognition to their employees for years of service. He chose this Philips Micro Hi-Fi System for the award, something to play some soothing music on in the house. It is unclear exactly how large this system is, but looking at the picture it appears to be about the size of three CD's lined up in a row.

Sean is having some company over to spend the night this evening. They will be playing video games to all hours, I'm sure.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Good Singer

In a Brooklyn upscale pet shop, an elderly woman burst into the store. "I want to buy a canary, but it's got to be a real good singer. I've got good, hard U.S. cash, but I'm only paying only for a good singer."

The shop owner began moving a ladder towards a small cage on a shelf about fifteen feet up, near the ceiling of the store. "Ma'am, I'm forty years in this business. In that cage is the best singer I've ever had ."

"Don't think I'm gonna feel obligated to pay for something I don't want just because you're climbing up a ladder like a monkey. I want a canary but it's got to be the best singer."

By this point the shop keeper was coming down from the ladder. "Ma'am, this bird is a veritable feathered Caruso!" Placing the cage on the counter, the bird burst into melody after melody.

Awed, the woman murmured, "This bird is really a good singer."

Suddenly in a shrill scream, "Hey, what's with you? This bird's only got one leg."

The pet store owner was unperturbed, "Lady what do you want a singer ? . . . . . or a dancer?"

Top 10 Signs You Are An Internet Geek
    10. When filling out your driver's license application you give your IP address.
    9. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"
    8. Instead of calling you to dinner, your spouse sends e-mail.
    7. You're amazed to find out Spam is a food.
    6. You "ping" people to see if they're awake, "finger" them to find out how they are, and "AYT" them to make sure they're listening to you.
    5. You search the Net endlessly hoping to win every silly free T-shirt contest.
    4. You introduce your wife as "my lady@home.wife" and refer to your children as "client applications."
    3. At social functions you introduce your husband as "my domain server."
    2. After winning the office Super Bowl, pool you blurt out, "I feel so Colon-Right-Parentheses!"
... and the No. 1 sign you are an Internet Geek:
    1. Two words: "Pizza's here."

No comments: