Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday

Well today is the first official day of Christmas Break - the kids go back on January 2. I know that there is going to lots of excitement in the air for the next few days and probably a few more after that. We have a long list of exciting events beginning on Friday:
  • 12/22 - Grocery Shopping (Super Yucky-especially near any holiday)
  • 12/23 - Dean's Birthday
  • 12/24 - Christmas Eve Dinner with Dean's Family
  • 12/25 - Christmas Day Lunch with My side of the Family
  • 12/26 - The Day after get-together with Dean's Brother's Family
Ornament of the Day:
This little angel goes all the way back to my days at John Tyler (coincidentally Dean was there at the same time, yet our paths never crossed). So I most likely got her in 1982. There was a craft fair of sorts that year being held in the student lounge. There were all sorts of different things that people had made. This gal has really held up through many a move and hung on a load of trees, and she has still retained her 'girlish' good looks.

I think I going to get on the ball this morning and start and finish wrapping Christmas presents. I've got the paper, gift bags, scotch tape and the gifts; I just need to get them all together. Procastination has been my mantra this season. I'm ashamed of myself they should have been done at minimum at week ago.

The presents are all wrapped and under the tree; greenery has been hung along the front porch rails; I found out that Lilly really likes to play with tape and the cardboard that comes with wrapping paper; I've rehung portraits that had frames that needed replacing; and even pulled a few other things out from storage and hung them too. Laundry is almost an everyday event as well as dishes. The biggest job that I tackled was the hanging of the lights along the deck - we use them for Christmas and during the summer to keep from turning on the lights by the backdoors. I even repaired a thing or two. Now it is time for my break - another cup of coffee and a little something to eat and I'll be right as rain.

WalterThis evening my "little" guy phone and wanted me to come over to visit, how could I refuse. Once I arrived he presented me with his church directory portrait. It is really a great picture of him.

We spent the rest of the time talking, watching CSI, and putting up his Christmas tree. We repaired one of his ornaments which had completely fallen apart from the glue drying out - it fixed up in a jiffy. Once the tree was up and ready to plug in, guess what? No extension cord.

So off on a quick trip to Wal-Mart for the necessary extension cord, and a skirt for the tree which was an expensive proposition. Not to worry we scurried back to the fabric department found a wonder piece of red & black flannel looking fleece. After we had the fabric cut, I sat to work right there in the store and created a 30x30 tree skirt. We went back to his place and put the finishing touches on the tree and plugged it up it looks excellent. Very nice for a small tree. I do believe that his birds would have a most exciting time if they got out. They may wreck havoc on the ornaments, something shiny for them to play with.

I received choir photos in email today. I haven't looked at them yet but will post them around the same time as the tree photos.

Tomorrow is grocery day and Sean and I will be off and about for awhile....I'm tired of shopping. But it is a necessary evil, all those goodies to get for our holiday meals.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: "I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US congress." - Ronald Reagan

Christmas Shopping

It was Christmas and the judge was in a merry mood as he asked the prisoner, "What are you charged with?"

"Doing my Christmas shopping early," replied the defendant.

"That's no offense," said the judge. "How early were you doing this shopping?"

"Before the store opened," countered the prisoner.

No comments: