Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Gone Wild

The girls are up and having fun playing with rawhide strips this morning. They just need to quit bickering over then. They both have one and as always one always wants to exchange theirs with the others. The other's rawhide is always better.

I met up with Walter at church this morning and our class covered Buddism and will be moving on to Hinduism next week. The choir sang with a guest music director - Oh please don't let them hire him. I just don't think he had the right stuff. One highlight was Billy Cecil's tie today. A lovely creation that I just couldn't pass up taking a photo of...there are several of the men at church who have such great taste in ties and I am always telling them how much I like their ties.

Alice brought Terry by to get his haircut. He did a fantastic job. I do believe that it was the least tramatic haircut that I have ever given him. He handled so well. I put a cape on Alice and he said "that mine". He certainly has the process down. The boys tended to Lilly and were able to keep her away from all the hair on the floor.

Walter had lunch with us and headed off for home - taking the long way a meandering journey. Which resulted in his being on the losing end of an accident with a much larger vechicle.

He called us from Crump's Store just before 3:00p. Dean & I hopped in the car an headed out. They had in him the rescue squad checking him out. He had a busted up place on his left leg and had a bump on his head. All of his other vitials were just fine. He waived off going to the hospital until I had had a good chance to evaluate him myself.

We did end up going to Patient First for a full round of x-rays and the good news that nothing was broken. Soft tissue injuries. The doctor prescribed him a pain killer and a muscle relaxant. Those should really help him out.

Meanwhile, on the home front, Sean wrecked his bicycle and nearly took off the all the skin on the end of his elbow. He has road rash all down his back from his shoulder to his waist and spoke marks on his right leg. He too had been medicated and sent to bed for rest. I know two fellows who won't want to move tomorrow.

The stubborn thing attended the College & Career class Christmas party this evening. It was something that he had been looking forward to so...several of the others there were keeping close watch on him for me and they had my cell number just in case he needed me. While he was out socializing. I headed out to choir practice. Our evening practice won't be until 7p tonight so that will give me a bigger chunk of time after church to do a few other things.

He arrived home just after I returned from choir practice and one of his friends examined the car with him. I finally got him inside and settled down and plied him with his medication and it wasn't long before he slipped off to bed. I really wanted him here so that I could keep an eye on him at least for tonight.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Prayer Request: For a full recovery for both Sean & Walter and their injuries sustained in their respective accidents today. Peace for Walter as he deals with the insurance company and the financial obligations in having his car repaired or obtaining a different vehicle should it be necessary. Also the ability of everyone to join together during this rough patch and come out better on the other side.

Thought for the Day: "The body must be nourished physically, emotionally and spiritually. We're spiritually starved in this culture -- not underfed but undernourished." - Carol Hornig

No comments: