Friday, December 1, 2006

Welcome to December

I've added a countdown to Christmas clock in the sidebar so that we can all keep a close watch on that upcoming event. So all you kids out there need to watch out...Santa Claus is watching.

I started working on my desktop for December. It is truly personalized this month. Carla is running in front of the trees and Lilly is trying to climb up the snowman. Such fun.

My plans for the day were to begin cleaning up the upstairs windows so that I could put the wreaths on the windows. But my plans were changed when Marion dropped by to show me her photos from their trip to the Bahamas.

She had some really nice photos and lots of stories about the trip. Sarah had even won a few dollars at a "Deal or No Deal" on the cruise ship. I'm waiting to see the underwater photos that they took when they went snorkling. Apparently the Carnival Cruise Line also has a special way of folding towels and you never know what type of critter that you will have on your bed with your nightly chocolate.

Marion had taken photos of a dog, elephant, pig, and rabbit animal folded towels. Carnival Cruise also has put out a book on how to fold your own creatures. It would be a very interesting gift and then you could create your own gifts. This would be a very interesting way to "wrap" a gift of towels.

Walter dropped by for a little while this afternoon and helped me bring the Christmas decorations into the house. He brought all the stuff in, in three trips. It would have taken me at least seven or eight trips to get all that stuff out, and back into the side room.

This wicked looking insect was hanging on the side of our storm door this afternoon. I haven't a clue as to what it is, but it is sure ugly. It remained patiently there while I took photos and was even hanging out there when Dean arrived home.

We had a bit of excitement around the house this evening. As I was cooking dinner we heard a loud pop against the storm door. Turned out that one of the kids in the neighborhood had thrown a rock towards the house. The story was she threw the rock at the basketball backstop, but if that is the case she was hurling it pretty hard since it hit the front door. It put a little chip in the glass. Hopefully the winter weather won't cause the nick to grow into something more.

Then there was all of the sirens that we heard - then we saw the medflight helicopter come in and land at Crenshaw. We went out in the car to find out where the accident was located. Turns out that there was a near head on collision in front of the Mormon church. There were oodles of police, fire, and rescue vehicles there. It appeared to only have had two cars involved, but it was difficult to tell with all the lights and rescue workers around.

2 comments:

superstar said...

good picture

Anonymous said...

I think your desktop calendar is the best yet. I really like Carla and Lilly.