Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Whirling Wednesday

It appears that today may be a flurry of activity. Among all the 'normal' activities that we have to do the extras include:
  • A trip to Walters - time to feed Butch & Sundance - I finally made it after Dean came home to hold down the fort while I was gone. I did take time to vacuum the apartment and hang up the clothes that I had washed while he was gone. Sort of a nice surprise to come home to.
  • A stop by to drop off his keys at work (so he can get back inside once he gets home). Mom took care of this one for me - she's passing them off to Tim who will be able to get them to the appropriate place for him to pick them up late on Friday.
  • A trip to Wal-Mart for those last minute gift items (if I have the time/energy) - Well, I had the time but not the ideas. Dean has been my real problem gift idea for the year. I just don't know what to get him. He has given me one idea, but ended up getting that from his Mom for Christmas or Birthday. I did manage to get some stocking stuffers, some of which can be considered gifts within themselves, but I'm just not happy about being out there shopping for gifts at this late date. Next year I'll be done by December 1st.
I caught wind of some really neat news from Dean, he had received an "On-The-Spot Award" at work towards the end of last week. He had apparently been able to coordinate a bunch out of a messy situation and issued the award for his fast thinking/assistance. GREAT JOB!

The morning is progressing forward. I've caught up the remaining laundry and am heading up to get myself ready for the day and check on Miss Lilly & Sean.

Well, I got a bit off track and have been recovering the kitchen chairs with a really nice upholstery material ($1 per yard from WalMart's clearance bin) that matches several of the paint colors in the table top. Since I'm at it I am going to cover my old high chair to match and the computer desk chair as well. I believe I'll still have fabric leftover after that as well.

Looks like some good news/bad news for the holidays; first the bad - Danielle & Family will not be joining us at all as they will be in Lynchburg celebrating there; and Walter will not be joining us on the day after Christmas he will be back in Staunton working. Now for the good news - Walter will be working on the 26th (double time $$$$) which will be especially helpful since he will be getting another vehicle. He may have a line on a Volvo for $600. Which would really be great, but he is still also trying to talk with Alice about the T-bird. It looks like he will have something to drive by the first of the year; and a buyer may have been found for the GEO.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • “Blessed by the Christmas sunshine, our natures, perhaps long leafless, bring forth new love, new kindness, new mercy, new compassion.” —Helen Keller
  • “Christmas is the day when any gift, however small, should be gratefully received provided it is given with love.” —Clare Booth Luce

No comments: