Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wednesday's Activities

This morning Sean and I are going to begin decorating the Christmas Tree and wrapping up gifts. The gift wrapping won't be too difficult - Christmas bags are GREAT, and I've only got two or three things that have to actually be wrapped.

Marion stopped by this morning for a pre-holiday visit. It was nice to visit with her. We caught up on what's going with the families. We both are going to be having a busy holiday season.

As I finally got to decorating the tree, I was noting some of the ornaments that I've collected over the years. This angel has adorned our tree for 27 years. I remember purchasing her from Joanie Rose during high school - she or her mom was selling Avon at the time. She has traveled from one side of the country to the other. Always being stately and watchful.

I will be attending the Manchester Choirs Christmas Concert this evening. As we were waiting in line to enter the concert I noticed that they were sell CD's of the Christmas concert at the door. I didn't pick one up, as Danielle has told me that she had already order one for me.

I'm planning on sitting with Jeanie, my choir buddy. Since we both have our girls in the choir it is nice to sit together and try to get photos of them. I ended up sitting with most of the church choir - we were all there to see Rachel, Rebekah and Danielle perform. I even ran into Carson's mom too.

Danielle did pop by where I was sitting during the intermission and speak to both Jeanie & I for a few minutes before running off.

Danielle sings with The Madrigal Singers, they performed excellently. They sang four songs:
  • Bring a Torch - Traditional French Carol, arr. Lojeski
  • Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow - arr. Weir
  • Merry Christmas Darling - arr. Shaw
  • A Holly Jolly Christmas - arr. Shaw
At the end of the concert the combined choirs all joined together to sing Christmas Carols.

No comments: