Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday

Time to start working toward the Christmas finale, so much to do on top of what already has to be done. I'll get there although I don't know if I have the heart to. I'm just not in the Christmas spirit. Now Sunday was a different story with our performance of the A Christmas Prayer, it was there. But now that the "chores" of Christmas begin in full swing I just really just don't care about the events, presents, food or other "family celebrations". Oh so much has changed in the past year to year and a half, it really gives me so much not to look forward to that there are times that I would like to feel like the Grinch and sleep through all the festivities. Thank you so much for your patience as I have had my little rant and will attempt to bring myself back into the proper mindset for the Christmas season.

WOW!! This has been a full morning and I don't feel that I have recovered yet. I began by setting up to spot clean some portions of the carpet when what to my wonder eyes did appear, but Danielle here to share some Christmas cheer. She was playing Santa's elf and delivering Christmas gifts since they were going to be unable to spend anytime with us during this Christmas season. The second surprise came when Louise/Granny arrived and was able to spend some time with her celebrating Christmas, just a wee bit early.

We had her open up what gifts that we had here for she and her family. She was thrilled with the ornaments that we had for them for their tree. She told me that they were truly in need of them and that they would be special. She also had time to visit with Granny and get lots of hugs from her. It is a tremendous disappointment that she and her family will be unable to spend any time with us during this Christmas season. I had so hoped to be able to visit with them all. But this is not to be. I hope that they find joy in the Christmas season. Before she left I gave her an hug and I almost thought that I wouldn't be able to let her go, my heartaches so that she and her family are not a "part" of us. Perhaps with maturity ..... I do love them so.

Mom dropped by to visit a little later on after Danielle & Louise had left. It has been a mad house here today. We chatted a little and were able to listen to the Manchester Choir CD that Danielle had left for me. The choirs had all gotten together and cut a CD of a portion of their Christmas program. It is a terrific CD and all of the groups sound fantastic. Mom & I looked over the Coat-of-Arms that I was designing for them. It's finished now. The final touches went on while she was here. So for your viewing pleasure.


Parsons Coat-of-Arms
Larry & Dorothy Parsons
Chesterfield, Virginia

The background of the shield is the color of a crisp morning in Lee County, Virginia. On the shield there are the weapons of choice: Dad's Remington and Mom's Canon Rebel.

Since they both are avid "shooters" the mantle is camouflage to hide them both from their prey. Of course the turkey tail spread is particularly for Dad, "the Turkey Man" but the leaf inlay marks the fall hunting season.

The Motto: Captus Intentio is Latin for Taking Aim

Which is quite apt for both of them. Dad takes aim to bring home some sort of game for the freezer; while Mom brings home the images that are a beauty to look upon and to grace the walls of our homes. Both of them bring a blessing to all of the family by using their gift of 'taking aim'.

I received an extremely nice phone call from Sterling this afternoon regarding a piece of music I had converted for him. He was excited to let me know that he was inaugurating as we were speaking. It is such a pleasure to do something so little when it is appreciated. Now, I'm just waiting for Yahoo to forward on pictures of the choir from Sterling so that I can put those together for all of us.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Redneck Nativity Scene

An Outsider in a small Texas town around Christmas time, saw a "Nativity Scene" that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. But one small feature was all wrong: the three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Redneck Nativity SceneTotally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, he left.

At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, he asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets.

She exploded into a rage, yelling, "You darn Yankees never read your Bibles!"

The Outsider assured her that he did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and riffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in the guys face she said, "See, it says right here, 'The three wise men came from afar.'"

This little "How To" came from a newsletter that I subscribe to via email:

Find Joy in the Holidays
  1. Create the space for spontaneous joy over the next couple of weeks. Don't schedule every hour of your day.
  2. May you become an expert at receiving help. When you find yourself just about to say 'no' or 'I'll do it myself', take a deep breath and say 'Yes, thank you.'
  3. May you become masterful at being lazy. After all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you've earned the right to let a few things go and rest.
  4. May you have the courage to be a risk-taker for love. Worry less about what others might think and more about how they feel.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I can relate to what your saying, I also cannot get totally into the christmas spirit, I feel like I could also be a grinch, but I have a little one to think about. Sometimes I feel like just giving up.