Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday

Today promises to be almost as busy as yesterday. Sean will be involved with some testing this morning for a couple of hours and I am going to head out to Mom & Dad's for coffee while he is in testing. His testing went well so hopefully we will have an answer from the school before too long.

We received our family portrait in the mail today - it really, really, really needed to be touched up so I played around with it for awhile and now it looks much, much better. The individual shot of Sean came out quite well. He looked so handome and grown-up.

I had a bout of ambition and creativity this morning - I moved our mailbox from the left side of the driveway to the right. The move will help in the spring and summer with the need to trim the mimosa tree next to the driveway on such a frequent basis. It will also give the iris' space to stand up straight and look really pretty on their own. Maybe they won't get trampled this coming spring.

After the move, I decorated the post and added a couple of red bows. It does look quite festive. I'm already thinking about nicer weather and painting the post and mailbox white, and adding a nice "beachy" design on the mailbox.

I've even been thinking on how to redo the yard for next year. - I think that I would like to add a couple of baby deer to the yard near where the mail one is this year; and put the large deer either next to the driveway or in the flower bed between next to the otherside of the driveway.

This evening Dean is working on getting a computer program to operate properly on his computer. While Sean is out with a group of friends at the movies. He's become quite social with this group. I hope that they all have a good time. Walter is even out for the evening - he is going to the Timmons Christmas party. His crew chief was dropping by this evening to pick him up, since his car is still out of commission.

Ornament of the Day: I pick up this dragonfly as a representation of a Spring & Summer spent photographing bugs, bees, butterflies & assorted other small creatures. I just love this type of ornament all inlaid enamel with moving parts. Yippee!!

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought for the Day: “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.” —Thomas Paine

Nothing interesting really in the email, just advertisements for H&R Block. Reminding us that tax time is just around the corner. Hmp! I just hate the whole process.

No comments: