Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's May!

WOW, May is here already. I can hardly believe that the year is whipping right along. Before we know it, it will be June and school will be out; and another blink will have us in September with school starting again.

I think I heard on the radio on the way home last night that the temperature is predicted to be almost 90-degrees today. The weather is terrific this morning. I've got the door open and the cool morning air is working it's way into the house. I'm typing this and watching the Robins out in the field. The grass has gotten a bit long and the clover is blooming as well as the little yellow buttercups.

There is a black cat on the prowl this morning. Lurking at the edge of the field and woods. I'm sure waiting for some unsuspecting birds to linger a bit too long.

While I was poking around looking for a pretty graphic for the day I came across this one of the green man - I have this same motif on a mug that I picked up a few years ago at the Highland Games & Celtic Festival. It is really intriging to look at especially when done on pottery.

The day dragged on all afternoon - I don't know what it was that made the day seem soooooo long, but I'm sure glad to be away from it for a while. The drive was nice on the way home as it was such glorious weather. Great evening weather.

Miss Carla was sure glad to have me home and I actually think that Tweat was too. She wanted to have some more bird seed. I had picked her up food last night, but she wanted the seeds to crack open. Spoiled thing.

I was going to do laundry with Walt, but he's been out of touch all evening. My guess is that he had a busy day at work and came home and crashed. So I'm running back and forth doing laundry. Carla does like the jog over so it gives her a little time out of the apartment as well.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Weekday Advice

Monday - Wash Day


Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday - Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected though the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday - Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.

Thursday - Cleaning Day

Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday - Shopping Day

O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday - Cooking Day

Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday - The Lord's Day

O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.

No comments: