Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sunday

The repairman is coming this morning to fix the air conditioning. I'm looking forward to having it all fixed up before the true heat of summer hits, it'll be nice to sleep comfortably tonight.

I've done a few sketches this morning based on the photos that I have from Italy. I'm working on the fields and olive trees. I have the 'creepy Italian trees' down, and am pretty sure that the mountains are going to be great. The vineyards and olive trees still need work. It feels good to be sketching again. The creative muse is beginning to work a bit.

My A/C is all fixed! The gentleman who came by and check it out, turns out there were some insects that had gotten into the workings and caused the unit to continue to run without putting out any cool air. Now that it is all clean out is works wonderfully. This problem also explains why my electric bill for the first couple of months was so high. It should drop dramatically this month, even though we are moving into the summer months.

Carla has truly enjoyed laying out on the patio, rolling in the grass this morning and generally following around the repairman. This afternoon she's watched out the door to see what is going on in the world.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: "I should like to enjoy this summer flower by flower...." - Andre Gide, French writer

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I like your blog, very nice! Keep up the good work, and I feel your pain about the air conditioning!